Chapter Eleven: Between Friendship And Love (7)

"What is it? What do you want to talk about with such a scary expression?"

Leila smiled awkwardly to relieve the mood. It was her first time seeing such an expression on her friend's face, so she was taken aback.

"Dismiss the knights first."

There were too many ears around them. Although knight escorts were usually considered to not exist, she didn't feel like allowing them to hear about her miserable situation.

"Sir, please take ten steps backward and continue escorting us from outside the tent."

Leila ordered Anata's Knights in the tent.

"...Understood."

The Anata Knights hesitated for a moment, but decided to comply when they recalled Leila's outstanding swordsmanship skills.

"Sir Hume, please assist the knights outside."

Chloe also ordered Aiden, who was standing beside her. Aiden remained in the tent instead of following Herace to take care of the children.

"Madame..."

"Please."

However, Aiden had no choice but to accept her order after seeing Chloe's firm gaze.

Emotions were swirling fiercely in her eyes. Chloe seemed to be able to beat Leila upon looking at her current momentum.

"...Please call me if you need me."

All the knight escorts left, leaving Chloe and Leila in the tent. Chloe, who asked to have a talk, contemplated on how to begin.

It was Leila who broke the awkward silence. She felt like she was sitting on a thorny seat, it was hard for her to wait motionlessly.

"Have you been in a bad mood since this morning because of what we are going to talk about?"

"No."

"Then...?"

"I've felt bad since I arrived at Anata Residence."

"?"

"Because of this."

Chloe handed two letters to Leila. The crumpled paper seemed to represent Chloe's breaking heart.

"What are these letters..."

Leila read the letters she received from Chloe.

"I'm sorry to have read your letter without permission."

Chloe apologized while Leila read the letters. Truthfully, she didn't feel very guilty about it, but she apologized because it wasn't considered honorable behavior.

And she apologized in advance so her opponent didn't have an excuse to attack her before they officially started to argue.

"You, don't tell me... Is it because of these letters that you came to the North?"

"...I'm sorry I lied. But why did you do that?"

Leila put down the letter after she finished reading it and turned her gaze to Chloe. Although they were very close with each other, she felt unfamiliar with the emotions she expressed. However, the misunderstanding could be cleared up!

"Oh, Chloe! I did it all for you."

Chloe had imagined the situation several times, but she'd never imagined Leila's expression to be like that.

Leila didn't seem apologetic or embarrassed. Leila's confidence, which was maintained even at this moment, made Chloe's sorrow and despair seem like nothing.