Chapter Twenty One: The Fantasia Of Love And Jealousy (5)

"Well then, let's take a seat."

Rennesia said she wanted to sit beside the prince, and Frederick had to swallow the bitter pill once again.

Eventually, Renee settled between Frederick and Gerard. Renee seemed to be in a good mood, although the two heads of the family only talked about boring topics to each other.

How many times did they talk about domestic and foreign affairs? Abel, who was whining because he couldn't cut his meat, caught Gerard's attention.

"Abel, can I help you?"

"No, I can do it alone!"

Gerard nodded after he said that he could do it by himself.

"Yes, let me know if you need any help."

He didn't want to be a parent who intervened in what his child did. The purpose of parenting is to instill independence in children. Gerard had several beliefs in parenting, and that was one of them.

"Oh my, but looking at it like this, they really look alike. It's so obvious!"

Leila, who was bored with their complicated conversation, was amazed by the appearance of the father-and-son pair.

Leila's reckless remark wasn't wrong. Abel, who had Gerard's blond hair and even his regal posture, was the only successor of the Blanchett family.

The corners of Abel's lips went up. He never got tired of being compared to his knightly father.

"I see. I think he's more like my wife."

Gerard rebutted as he lifted his wine glass to his lips. Gerard's words were spoken sincerely. Abel's blue eyes resembled Chloe's.

The eyes that reminded him of the sea he went to for summer vacation. Blue eyes that seemed cold, but warm like the sky when you looked closer. That was absolutely what Abel's eyes looked like.

Abel also had a completely different personality. Unlike Gerard's ruthless nature, the child couldn't easily feign indifference to pitiful things.

One day, he carried a little bird in and said he found it lying dead in the garden. They held a funeral for it later that day. He knew how to respect his subordinates, despite being an only child, and yielded well to the more knowledgeable.

It was all because the child had his wife's personality. Gerard naturally thought of Chloe whenever he looked at Abel.

"True, Abel certainly resembles you. By the way, have you and your wife planned for a second child?"

Leila asked very casually. It was the type of question that could be asked whilst drinking with a couple friends. However, it wasn't an appropriate topic to be brought up at this table.

It was a question regarding the couple's nightlife, and there were children listening.

"Ehem."

Frederick coughed, but Leila didn't understand his hint. She was burning with an unexpected sense of obligation to somehow strengthen the relationship between her friend and his wife. She wanted to convey her sincere feelings to Chloe through this.

"I haven't discussed it with my wife yet."

Gerard tried to bring the conversation to an end by giving a simple answer. It would be nice if Abel had a sibling, but he hadn't talked about it with his wife. His wife's doctor had to approve first.

However, Leila was persistent.

"No, what about you? What's your opinion?"

"Well, I don't know."