Chapter Fifty Eight: The Beginning Of Their Feelings (9)

A Blanchett carriage entered the main gate of the Roem residence. Tuesday Tea Time was finally being held again after a long time.

Gerard tried to calm the excitement that had been lingering since this morning.

The feeling was there until he saw a man through the carriage window.

'That man...?'

A neatly groomed red-haired man with a straight nose and a sturdy build. The man, who was a decent knight, rode quickly past the Blanchett carriage.

As Gerard Blanchett entered the Roem residence, Herace Moore came out. The future of the two men was changing little by little.

'He's still chasing after the young Lady of Roem and not going back to the North?'

Gerard frowned abruptly.

It didn't feel good to imagine Anata's knight clinging to Chloe's side.

It felt as if black ink sprayed on white paper. Unknown anxiety and nervousness spread.

"Phew."

When the carriage came to a halt, Gerard tried to clear his thoughts. He couldn't see Chloe like this.

"I've been waiting for you, Marquis Blanchett. Thank you for visiting the Roem residence."

A Roem servant approached as he got out of the carriage.

"I'll lead you to the garden where young Lady Chloe is."

Gerard followed the butler into the garden. He looked around the garden of the Roem Residence, which he visited for the first time in a while. The leaves appeared a deep green color as they bathed in the spring sunlight.

And among them sat a woman who appeared fresher than anything else.

The one who came to his dreams when he fell asleep after getting tired of his busy life. The reason why he, who didn't dream well, had been tossing and turning until dawn. Chloe Roem turned him into a teenage boy every morning with that modest look of hers.

'Yes, I've missed you... not just in my dreams, but meeting you in person like this.'

Gerard realized that he longed to meet Chloe Roem. His heart was suffocated by the surging affection inside.

'Why am I so nervous?'

Gerard began to become conscious of every step he took towards her. And from the moment he became conscious of it, all his actions became awkward.

"May you rest in the peaceful arms of the empire, young Lady Roem."

Gerard greeted Chloe first.

"May you also rest in the peaceful arms of the empire, my Lord."

Chloe, who stood up from her seat, returned his conventional greeting.

However, Gerard, who was sitting opposite Chloe, frowned. He felt a slight warmth on the chair he sat on. Someone must have been sitting here before his arrival. And he had a hunch that it was Anata's knight.

"...I saw Grand Duke Anata's escort knight at the front door of the Roem residence."

"Oh, that's right."

"If you had a previous appointment, we should have postponed our date."

Gerard examined Chloe's expression while spitting out an insincere remark.

"No, it's not like it was a previous appointment."

Chloe responded gracefully, but Gerard became even more offended by it. Herace didn't even make a prior appointment! He just came like that and met with her.