Chapter Thirty 3: The Despairing Side Of The Fight Between Married Couple (6)

After their swordsmanship lesson, young Gerard always went through a few hours of personal training. The same routine also happened that day.

"Oh, you blockhead."

Leila shook her head and arranged her sword. When she watched him spar, he didn't seem good and he couldn't even concentrate on the match. Why didn't he know that resting was also part of training?

'Don't worry, let's not worry about it. What kind of words will I hear if I talk to him now?'

However, Gerard's bandage-wrapped hand came into Leila's view as he left the training hall. Of course, it was common for knights who trained intensely to have bandages on their hands. However...

It was never common for bandages to turn so red that its original color was unrecognizable.

"Hey, what is this?!"

Leila grabbed Gerard's hand.

"What? Let go."

Gerard shook off Leila's hand coldly.

"No, you're bleeding!"

"...Why do you care?"

"I don't want to care about you. But your hands are like this and you still sparred today?"

"Don't mind me."

"Is that the only thing you can say?"

"...Just worry about yourself."

"Don't say that, look at your injuries! How did you even practice in this condition? Your hands..."

"Get away from me."

Gerard whipped off her touch, but Leila was one step ahead. The girl untied the bandage swiftly and saw the wound under it. It wasn't the marks of bruising and bloody blisters from practicing.

"Did you... get beaten up?"

"..."

It was clearly a whip mark. The boy chose to be silent. However, both of them knew that his silence meant yes.

"If your hands are like this, you should've canceled today's lesson!"

"What do you know?"

Gerard muttered in a restrained voice.

"What?"

"What do you know?! What do you know and why do you keep messing around with me? I told you to get away from me!"

Gerard began to shout upon Leila's retort. Tears welled up in the boy's eyes. He was a feisty and perfect young man, but he was still a child in his early teens.

However, his father Daniel's standards were too high. The child took a test yesterday, and was called in by his father. Gerard's paper had a few questions wrong because it was a high school level course, but the score was quite good.

Daniel knew that his son had a swordsmanship lesson the next day. Therefore, he intentionally whipped the child's palm, not his calf. Gerard's punishment was to take sword lessons and train with his terrible hands.

Gerard was currently being punished at the hands of his father. Venomous words flowed out through the child's pursed lips.

"Hey, I don't know anything else, but I know you should not train with these hands!"

"I can't train with these hands? That just applies to people who live comfortably like you!"

"What? Someone who lives comfortably like me?"