Chapter Seventy Eight: The Past Or The Future (7)

["Shall we have a meal together sometime next week? My nephew said he'd come over this weekend."

Chloe frowned slightly. It wasn't easy for her to say yes.

Of course, it was not because she didn't like having a meal with Theodore. It was because the situation she was in made it uncomfortable to meet other people.

"This old man isn't comfortable because I'm always on the receiving side."

Theodore coaxed her using a weak voice, which wasn't like him at all.

"I'm going to take this opportunity to catch a turkey and bake a pie... Abel will like it, won't he?"

Theodore looked quite excited. Chloe couldn't bring herself to turn down his offer.

"Alright. I'll look forward to that day."

In the end, Chloe answered, tugging slightly at the ends of the blonde wig she had been wearing for years.

She never met anyone from the Monnet Family until now, so she wondered if his nephew would recognize her.

'Yes. I'm going to appear in eastern society, and it's only one dinner.'

It was her mistake to be complacent for five years.

***

The next week, Chloe visited Theodore's house with Abel.

"Welcome, Claudia. This is my maternal nephew."

"..."

As Chloe looked at the man standing in front of her, she had no choice but to hold her breath.

Slicked-back red hair. Neat features.

"Why are you standing like that? Say your greeting, Ace."

"...May you rest in the peaceful arms of the Empire. I am Herace Moore."

It was Herace.

"I shared the most similarities with him among all of my nieces and nephews, so I suppose I can cut him some slack."

Chloe managed a stiff smile when Theodore turned to her.

"May you rest in the peaceful arms of the Empire. I am Claudia Diaz."

Chloe naturally greeted him, but she felt like biting her tongue.

She didn't expect his nephew to be from his maternal family. Moreover, who expected the color of Theodore's gray hair during his youth to be revealed? Now that she thought about it, Theodore's name also sounded northern.

She felt helpless again after reuniting with Herace.

Fate didn't change easily.

Fate brought Herace Moore in front of her again. As if urging her to make the right choice this time.]

Gerard read through the scene envisioned in front of him with swollen eyes. Once again, he felt a surge of emotion, but not because he was jealous of Herace. Having learned everything, his feelings were not one-sided. They were deeper and darker than the surging flood.

He didn't know that much. Until now, he wasn't sure.

Though he knew Chloe liked him, it was obvious that he was insecure.

Actually, it was Gerard who wanted confirmation that she loved him, not Chloe. He wanted to ask and confirm it every second, but he refrained because he knew how strange it would be.

He was unsure of it, so he didn't express his feelings.

However, he knew for sure now. Through the book in his dream, he clearly understood what Chloe's love was like.