Chapter Eighty Four: Something He Should Express More (2)

Chapter Eighty Four: Something He Should Express More As She Could Not See It (2)

It hadn't been long since his fever went down, but he already went out without proper clothes. Firstly, Chloe put the shawl she was wearing around her husband's shoulders.

And she took her weeping husband into the mansion.

"His fever has gone down, and his consciousness has... returned, so no need to worry."

The doctor said after examining Gerard. He hesitated for a moment in the middle of his words but skillfully swallowed his bewilderment.

It's not that he was going to say bad things, but the Marquis of Blanchett's condition was a bit weird.

"No, honey. Let go of me."

"...I don't wanna. Where are you going?"

The doctor didn't know where to look due to the Marquis' hug.

"We're fine, so you all can go now."

Then, the Marquis lifted his gaze and spoke to the doctor and the old butler. Although his tone was polite, it was clearly coated with a hint of satisfaction.

"As you can see, my current condition is not fit, so let the butler see you off this time."

"Oh... Sure."

The doctor and the old butler turned around after exchanging goodbyes while stuttering a few times. Chloe felt her face warm.

Thunk!

Chloe scolded Gerard after everyone went out and they were left alone.

"What's with you, honestly?"

Gerard hugged Chloe tightly despite her exasperated burst. He was very content with just having her gaze on him as if he was a fool.

"I had..."

"?"

"I had such a vivid dream."

Holding his wife in his arms gradually brought a sense of reality to him. Things he had gone through were merely a dream. Regardless of how vivid that dream was, it was still a dream that would vanish after he woke up.

"A dream? What did you dream about?"

Chloe asked while patting his arms around her waist. She noticed his hands were shaking faintly.

"I dreamed about how foolish I was and lost you."

Yes, it wasn't the dream about how heartless Chloe had abandoned him, but how his foolish self lost her.

And he would never act like Gerard in the book. Never.

"It was awful and scary."

He rubbed his cheeks against her shoulders as if telling her about what he was thinking.

"That you and Abel left me. I didn't know what to do..."

Chloe looked up at him at the feeling of his hot breath on her shoulder. Her husband was crying again.

"It's fine, it was a dream."

Chloe turned to face Gerard and wiped his tears away. She was a bit bewildered and distressed because she had never seen her husband cry like this before.

Gerard Blanchett, who was cunning, didn't miss the opportunity provided by his wife. He rubbed his face against her hand.

"Yes, I just realized it was... a dream now."