Chapter Twenty six: The Child Knows (3)

The next evening, the adults enjoyed tea time, meanwhile the children sat on the other side of the room and painted. The children were drawing their respective families.

"Wow, is this you?"

Rennesia, who finished her drawing, looked at what Abel was drawing. Renee asked while pointing to the person who stood in the middle of Abel's painting.

"Yes."

"Really? But why did you draw yourself so small?"

As Renee said, Abel's drawing had big figures of his mother and father, while Abel was particularly small.

"...It's up to me."

"Hm, really?"

Renee quickly lost interest and took out another drawing paper. Then she asked, as if really curious.

"But why aren't your mother and father that close?"

"What?"

"Why aren't your mother and father close? They're not like my mother and father. It's kind of intriguing."

In Renee's eyes, who grew up with intimate parents, Abel's parents looked strange because they were so polite to each other. Furthermore, the Blanchett couple were now faced with various problems, so they were more awkward than usual.

"Right! Intriguing!"

Noah, who was drawing beside them, imitated his sister's words without knowing what was going on. However, the problem started from Abel's response to their words.

"What do you know about them?!"

Abel's hand moved forward without him realizing. Abel pushed Renee, and she knocked over the paint with her arms, staining her dress.

"KYAA!"

Renee burst into tears at the unexpected incident, and Abel was surprised by what he had done. The girl's eyes were filled with tears.

And he looked at his parents, who were also looking at him. Chloe with her surprised expression and Gerard's firm expression, which grew more serious each passing second. This was all because of his mother and father!

"I hate you!"

Abel cried out rudely to his parents, not Renee, whom he previously fought with, and ran away. He hated them, but that wasn't what the child wanted to say.

'Mother, I'm so tired. Father, I'm so anxious.'

When adults think children don't know, children know everything. Adults might be the ones who really don't know anything.