Chapter Seventy Nine: The Past Or The Future (8)

[Chloe, who used to be wary of Herace, was beginning to warm up to him. Just like Abel.

She also had no reason to push Herace away anymore. Rather, the whole situation seemed to urge her to take his hand.

"Mother, when is Uncle Ace coming?"

"Uncle Ace?"

"Mother, tell him to come here quickly please!"

"Abel, he's busy."

"Oh, Uncle Ace! Uncle Ace!"

Abel made such a fuss when he came late. His name was still lingering in her ears.

'Wouldn't it be nice?'

Chloe looked at Abel, sitting across from her. The child's lips were stretched from ear to ear as if he was truly enjoying his meal in Herace's presence.

"Abel, shall we play a guessing game?"

"I'd love to!"

Herace suggested a game when Abel kept picking his carrots out on his plate.

"You have to close your eyes. I'm going to put something delicious in your mouth."

"Sure."

Herace put Abel's favorite white bread into his mouth.

"Mm. Bread!"

"Oh, correct. Can you guess if I put two in at once?"

"Yes, I can!"

Abel closed his eyes with a confident expression.

"Wait a minute."

Herace put meat and finely a chopped carrot in the child's mouth.

"Meat!"

Abel exclaimed after swallowing the food in his mouth.

"And?"

"Ummm."

Abel tilted his head as if he didn't know the answer to the other one.

"You know, it's actually a carrot! Abel, you're so good at eating carrots, aren't you? I couldn't eat them very well when I was young, so you're great to have eaten it."

Abel, whose expression grew stiff at the word 'carrot', was soothed at Herace's praise.

"But you know carrots are delicious, right?"

"Yes! Carrots are delicious! I'm great after eating these carrots, right, uncle?"

Chloe chuckled lightly at Abel's cute bravado.

Sir Moore was very friendly to Abel and her. She was grateful to him from the bottom of her heart.

However...

'Sir Moore is really different from... him.'

He never would have played with his son like that at the table because of his noble demeanor.

'Oh, stop thinking about it.'

Chloe shook her head to clear her mind.

She actually wasn't really sure if she had gotten over Gerard Blanchett completely. Perhaps, she was filling the void with Herace.

It really bothered her.

"Why are you not eating, my Lady? Do you wish to join us in this game, too?"

Herace looked at Chloe and asked when he saw her stop eating. He held his spoon mischievously in front of her as if he was going to feed her.