Artistic Life [Arc 10.9]

Chapter 136

www.isotls.com

Jing Yang walked into the reception hall where the press conference was being held, surrounded by bodyguards. There were at least a hundred different media companies waiting to interview him. All the medium-big reporters were there. Cui Yan had already paid a greeting to their higher-level management, so although the situation seemed very unfavorable for Jing Yang, it was actually all to help him expose the truth about Su Mo's plagiarization.

Jing Yang brought all his evidence and was just waiting for the journalists to ask him to bring it out, letting them record everything.

The first reporter asked, "Could I please ask why your painting's so similar to Merciful Grace and even presented it at the exhibition?"

"The reason's very simple: Merciful Grace's composition and ideas were all mine and I finished painting it first. He just handed it in earlier than me. Before, we used to live together, but I've never entered his studio. I've also never locked the door to my own studio, so it was easy for him to look at my work. I've always created my own original works, so of course I would dare to present it with a clear conscience."

"Your statement is different from Su Mo's. Although he also mentioned you two used to live together, he implied that you peeked at his works and then copied him. Furthermore, everybody knows Merciful Grace is Su Mo's famous award-winning work. You said the inspirations and composition behind Merciful Grace were all yours- could I please ask if you have proof?"

"Of course." Jing Yang said calmly, "If I didn't have evidence, I wouldn't have brought my work out or attended today's press conference. The reason why I never revealed the evidence before was to give Su Mo time on behalf of our former friendship. I hoped that he could wake himself up and take the initiative to admit his mistakes to me. I waited and waited, but all he did was continue to vilify me until I finally lost hope and made the decision to show the world the truth today."

"Then please show your evidence."

Below, the reporters were already ready to film the evidence Jing Yang was about to reveal. There were a dozen media companies recording live and airing it right now. The spectators were all also waiting to see what evidence he would bring out.

The assistant Cui Yan arranged for Jing Yang took out a photo from his document bag and showed it to all the reporters. The photograph was magnified in the big screen beside him so all the reporters and spectators could see it clearly.

"This photograph was when I was five. My mom was holding me beside a blooming crab apple tree. My dad took the picture. My whole family likes this photo very much. When I was small, I even drew this picture many times. Although it wasn't that good, you could still see the outline."

The assistant took out the drawings Mu Jin had drawn when he was young one by one. They were clearly drawn by a child. Although it wasn't very good, when brought together with the photograph, the resemblance was clear.

"I already had these drawings appraised by an official source. Their analysis confirmed that these were drawn more than twenty years ago."

Jing Yang was glad that this world's technology was fairly developed, so anything could be appraised. Otherwise, he wouldn't have been able to take this out as evidence since others could say the evidence was forged.

"Now, let's look at my Merciful Grace and Su Mo's Merciful Grace, then contrast it to this photograph."

The two paintings and the photograph appeared on the big screen. Jing Yang spoke as he looked at the big screen, "My mom liked that crab-apple tree very much, so when I was painting Merciful Grace, I used the same colours of the crab-apple tree in my painting. As it happens, the colours Su Mo uses in his painting are virtually identical to my own.