Artistic Life [10.12]

Chapter 139

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

Yi Yun looked at her child. She was still angry until she noticed how her son had left her waiting for so long and still appeared unhurried.

"I've been here for so long and you're just coming down now?" Yi Yun said.

"I'm busy; you can go back; I'll come to you when I'm finished." Cui Yan sat comfortably on the sofa.

"Will you really come to me? When I was the one who first came to you like this?" Yi Yun clearly understands her son's personality. He's been in the rebellious stage since he was sensible and never gotten out of it. He never takes his parents' words seriously and left the house as soon as he made his first money. The only time he actually listened to their plans was when he inherited the family business.

"What have you been doing?" Yi Yun questioned, his gaze fixed on Cui Yan.

"You said you were busy. Mom, just tell me what you need from me." Cui Yan stated.

Yi Yun put the tea cup down and asked, "I want to ask, that student named Mu Jin, did you really take away all five of his paintings that were hung up on the gallery?"

"I took it; what's the problem?" Cui Yan looked at her defensively.

"Give me three paintings." Yi Yun stated clearly. She had intended to buy all five of them after the exhibition. Who knew the paintings would be taken away before she could get them? She eventually discovered that the painting had been taken by her own son, Cui Yan.

"Three paintings?" Cui Yan knew immediately what his mother had come for and simply refused, "I don't want to."

"Smelly kid, you think you've grown up, don't you?" Yi Yun became enraged.

"Shouldn't you have known after all these years? After all, you've known me for a long time." Cui Yan is not afraid of her rage.

"Don't think I didn't know you used my reputation to deal with that student named Su Mo."

Yi Yun was taken with Su Mo's "Merciful Grace" when she first saw it. Although the painting technique did not meet her requirements, the painting's concept and the content he wanted to express were excellent. But the more time passes, the more the news seems to go too far. It was even stated that she wanted to accept Su Mo as a student.

She initially thought Su Mo was too bold to use her name to promote himself. She wanted him to recognize his own weight and teach him a lesson, but her husband told her that while it's true that Su Mo was using her name to create hype at first, but the exaggeration that spread later is entirely his son doing. So, since it's his battle, they should just leave them alone.

Yi Yun initially assumed Cui Yan was interested in Su Mo, so she wanted to know about him. She requested for her husband to look into this Su Mo, worrying that Cui Yan had made a mistake this time. But, for some reason, she felt a little happy at the prospect of causing Cui Yan distress.

Only after Jing Yang revealed the evidence of Su Mo's plagiarism did she realize who her son truly wanted to help.

Each of Jing Yang's five paintings is a work that has the potential to make him famous instantly. Yi Yun felt that Mu Jin's "Merciful Grace" perfectly suited her taste. She also likes the other four paintings, and after learning that her son had taken them away, she knew she would never be able to get all of them, but she must find a way to get her hands on at least two of them. So she purposefully asked for three paintings, leaving room for bargaining.