Life of Music [12.6]

Chapter 168

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

Jing Yang drove himself to the company, with Liu Hang following behind.

The two came into the company together and drew a lot of attention, especially since Jing Yang made an appearance in Gu Mang's MV and is now a popular figure. Many of the employees are worried if Liu Hang will take advantage of this enthusiasm and begin flattering him.

Jing Yang remained silent after sitting in Liu Hang's office, so Liu Hang asked first. "Did you appear in Gu Mang's music video?"

"Yes, you don't need to ask such a question that everyone already knows the answer to; just tell me what you think is wrong with me doing Gu Mang's MV." Jing Yang had already guessed what he was going to say.

"...You are an artist in our company, and it is against the contract to take a job privately." Liu Hang had the feeling that the person in front of him suddenly had an unfamiliar aura and demeanor. He hadn't been alone with Chu Yang for a long time. He cherished the times when he and Chu Yang could get along like this, but Chu Yang's attitude and distant tone made him sad.

"Then terminate the contract." Jing Yang stated his wish clearly.

"Terminate- terminate the contract?" Liu Hang thought he'd misheard it. "What did you say?"

"I said that I wish to terminate the contract." Jing Yang spoke slowly and seriously.

"Don't make such a joke." With a stern expression on his face, Liu Hang said.

"Who wants to make a joke with you?" Jing Yang's lips twisted in disgust at his words. "I am now seriously discussing contract termination. Otherwise, I will not sit here and chat with you. So, you don't have to make it look like I'm trying to cause trouble. I don't think that way about you.

So, if you're willing to talk to me seriously, we'll have a nice conversation. If you do not intend to speak with me seriously, I will send a lawyer to meet you. Or we could talk in court directly."

"Why do you want to end the contract?" Liu Hang realized that Jing Yang did not mention the contract termination lightly. Furthermore, Jing Yang's words made him want to stop him.

"Do I really need to tell you why?" Jing Yang said, ironically. "Shouldn't you know better than everyone?"

"Because of Ji Xiao and me?" Liu Hang said, "If it's because of this, please bear with me for the next two years, no matter what, as long as two years..."

"Not because of this!" Jing Yang interrupted him in an irritated manner. "Please don't exaggerate yourself. To tell you the truth, I don't give a damn about what's going on between you and Ji Xiao. Let's get rid of it now that we've broken up. There will be no more possibilities for me and you, so please don't bring up this two-year term! Whether it is two years or twenty years, there will be no more chances! We can now discuss the contract's termination. I'm not interested in discussing anything else."

"Termination... impossible." Liu Hang first felt sorry for him, but he was still saddened by Chu Yang's words. Chu Yang is still the person he loves the most. Because Ji Xiao only had two years left to live, he felt greater sympathy and empathy for him. He believed that, although they will have a very painful and tough life for the next two years, everything will be okay in the future if they survive these two years. So, he cannot allow Chu Yang to leave.

"After I signed a contract with your company, you know better what the company did for me and what I did for the company. I owe nothing to this company." Jing Yang attempted to persuade him. "If I hadn't signed a contract with your company and relied on the songs, I composed myself, even if I were merely an online singer, it would be better than now. Ji Xiao used all of the songs I wrote, and even my name was eventually removed. These things don't bother me anymore. I can compensate you for liquidated losses based on the contract's terms if you agree to let me end it immediately."