Life of Music [12.10]

Chapter 172

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

Ji Xiao selected a song that Gu Mang had written himself more than ten years ago. The song was not just popular around the country, but also internationally. This song had been covered by many celebrities and was frequently performed by participants in singing contests.

Because this song was not only great, but also a classic that puts your singing talents to the test, so if you could sing it, it would demonstrate your ability to sing.

Gu Mang's songs received plenty of attention because he was still quite young at that time. Because he was born well and has experienced little suffering throughout his life, his lyrics lack the melancholy content of crying without illness. From the lyrics to the music, the songs he wrote at the time were full of passion and positive energy.

Gu Mang was a capable and talented individual with a good background. His career was nearly effortless in the entertainment industry, whether singing or filmmaking. But as he grew older, he saw more and more things. As he gradually matured, so did his views toward life. As a result, his music has evolved into a more mature and steady style.

When he picked Gu Mang's song, Ji Xiao knew it would be difficult for him to obtain a good score this time, because this song did not fit his style at all. Ji Xiao had always had a soft and refined style since his debut. He was unable to express himself in such an unrestrained and wild style. So, he actually hoped to pick the song that Jing Yang got, but he got a song that he didn't want instead.

Gu Mang was extremely attractive, extravagant, and dazzling at that time. When he took the stage, he would make the audience feel as if they were seeing the sun, which they crave for but are afraid to look at directly. There were extremely few entertainers in the entertainment industry who were both attractive and not annoying. It's simple to get criticized by black fans if an artist wasn't humble enough on stage. But only Gu Mang was different; this was his unique style.

Ji Xiao gave a nervous and quick intro as he took the stage. It just didn't go with his overall style. Gu Mang, in particular, liked adding rock elements into his songs. Some parts of the song process must be explosive. The entire audience was waiting to see how far Ji Xiao could go.

Ji Xiao's first few lines were quite steady. However, when it comes to the high notes, there was a noticeable gap with the original singer. It's not that Ji Xiao couldn't sing high notes; after all, he's been studying vocal and music for quite some time. For him, high notes were not a problem, but singing high notes like Gu Mang was really difficult.

Because this was such a great classic song, audiences were also working hard to immerse themselves in the song's emotion. However, the wild style of Ji Xiao on stage made it difficult for them to concentrate and listen attentively. Some audiences tried to avoid looking at Ji Xiao by closing their eyes. However, when they listened to the high notes part, they couldn't help but frown then opened their eyes.

Every audience had probably heard this song several times, and what Ji Xiao sang was not a feeling that they had before experienced.

The original singer's distinct style was just too prominent, posing a significant challenge for the cover performer. It would be meaningless if it's entirely imitated, because it's better to simply listen to the original artist. But, if you add your own style, people will think it's not as good as the original. So, despite the fact that many artists have performed a cover of this song before, the crowd is unsatisfied. It's unfortunate that Ji Xiao chose this song.

Once the song was over, the audience still gave him warm applause, but Ji Xiao's calm expression was barely maintained.

The host entered the stage and walked over to Ji Xiao, saying, "Ji Xiao, the final contestant, has completed his performance. First of all, I would like to ask Ms. Zhang Lanxin to give an evaluation."