Survival Games [Arc 5.2]

Chapter 55
auroranovels.wordpress.com

Jing Yang used the system to retrieve information about Easy Nobility. This person’s real name was Yu Jian, and he had been a student at the same university as Ding Nuoyang and Zhao Chao.

This person had been secretly in love with Zhao Chao since college, but he had always not dared to confess to Zhao Chao, only daring to be like a voyeur, often secretly stalking and paying attention to him.

Zhao Chao didn’t even know that this person existed, because Yu Jian really was too mediocre, he couldn’t even be considered average. No matter whether it was within a crowd or a brief encounter on the road, he would never make other people take another look at him, and even if they saw him they wouldn’t be able to remember this kind of person.

In college Yu Jian was always unsociableand had no friends, so no one knew that he liked Zhao Chao. Zhao Chao was an athletic and handsome man, so a lot of people at school knew him, and everyone also knew that he liked Ding Nuoyang and was pursuing him.

Yu Jian was very jealous in his heart of Ding Nuoyang, jealous that he had such an outstanding appearance, jealous that he had a good family, jealous that he was liked by Zhao Chao and so many people. If he had the same things as Ding Nuoyang, he would also be pursued by others, he would also be able to live in the sunlight, rather than just hiding in a corner to peek at them.

Every time he looked in a mirror, he would be incomparably disgusted by his own face. He knew that even if he went to confess to Zhao Chao, with such a face, he would definitely never succeed. He wanted to change his own appearance, but this country prohibited cosmetic surgery, unless an appropriate department gave him an evaluation of face damage. Plus the cost of cosmetic surgery was extremely high, and he would never even be able to afford it.

He would often stalk Zhao Chao and pretend to pass by him accidentally. When Zhao Chao was chatting with his friends in the school cafeteria, he would go sit in a corner and eavesdrop. He knew that Zhao Chao was playing some game, and was very happy, because he also liked to play games. They actually had the same hobbies, could this be considered some sort of fate?

He went and bought that game, and when he lay down in a gaming cabin he had borrowed, his mood became unstoppably excited. He thought about what kind of coincidental encounter he should make in order to let Zhao Chao notice him. First of all, he definitely had to have a handsome face, one that would let Zhao Chao see himself and never be able to forget it. When he thought of this, Ding Nuoyang’s exquisite face appeared in his mind.

He considered how to design his own appearance in the game, but only high-level members could set their own appearance and image. Ordinary players could only follow the system in setting their character based on their real appearance. There would be a certain level of beautification, but it would still not be much different from the player’s true appearance.

Looking at the cost of becoming a high-level member, even if he took out all of his current savings, he would still be a long way off. So he desperately worked hard to save money, he obviously knew that after his parents gave him money for him to pay his tuition they would only have enough to feed themselves, but he still found all kinds of reasons to ask his family for more money.

He finally met Zhao Chao in the game, with a face three or four points similar to Ding Nuoyang, and even designed to be even more perfect than Ding Nuoyang’s, and successfully attracted Zhao Chao’s attention. Zhao Chao would often mention his matters in the game with his friends, and after he overheard them, he would construct all sorts of coincidences in the game and then logically became friends with Zhao Chao.