Legend of the Holy Light [Arc 6.3]

Chapter 70
auroranovels.wordpress.com

When Jing Yang rushed over that night, Orede was being tormented by the demon gas. Even though he still seemed to be in pain, it was evident that he was no longer unable to control his sanity, and was struggling between sobriety and insanity.

Jing Yang crouched down in front of him and raised his hand to stroke his face. Whenever he thought of him being tortured like this every day for five years without interruption, he would feel uncontrollable heartache.

Orede hugged Jing Yang tightly, burying his head in his neck and breathing him in greedily. His appearance of wanting to hug him tighter but not daring to hug him tighter was just like he was holding a life-saving straw and his heart’s treasure. Jing Yang hugged him with one hand to comfort him, while placing the other hand on his chest and releasing his light power to help him clear the demon magic.

Orede’s pain was immediately relieved, but he still hugged Jing Yang like this. He liked to hug this man in his arms, and he enjoyed these emotions that he had never experienced before.

For several nights in a row, Jing Yang helped clear out a large amount of demon gas from Orede’s body. Then, as long as he could force out the blood essence from inside his body, Orede would no longer be subject to the torture and control of the demon gas.

At night Jing Yang would go to the main temple to help Orede clear the demon magic, and during the day he would just mend his sleep in his room. The soldiers guarding him all felt as if he was just staying at home. When the daytime attendant came over to send him food, seeing him sleeping all the time, he felt that it was really strange. Clearly he only had less than 10 days to live, but he never did anything, just sleeping. Soon he would be put to eternal rest, was he still afraid of not being able to sleep enough?

It was clear that for Jing Yang’s behavior of just sleeping during the day and at night, it was not only those soldiers and attendants who felt that it was strange, but those who had sent people over to monitor him were also doubtful.

When Carnia received the report, he curiously came over to find out what exactly was going on. When he arrived, he saw that Jing Yang really was nestled in his covers to sleep.

Carnia’s attendant walked forward and yanked Jing Yang’s covers to the ground, and another attendant held a pan of steaming hot water and walked to the bed, throwing it on his face. Jing Yang opened his eyes and quickly dodged, the pillow was drenched, even steaming with smoke.

Jing Yang looked at Carnia, his eyes ice cold and his face expressionless.

“I heard that you are sleeping all day long, not moving half a step outside. Originally it was true.” Carnia looked at Jing Yang with an arrogant and condescending attitude.

“Does it have anything to do with you? Just directly state your purpose.” Jing Yang said.

Carnia smiled. “For the sake of you not having many more days to live, I feel like you’re quite pitiful, so I kindly wanted to bring you out and take a final look at this world. It’s already been five years since you last came to the capital ba, could it be that you don’t want to see the changes in the capital now?”

“No interest, you can go.” Jing Yang said.

“You haven’t been in the capital for a few years, so you might not know, right now in the capital, there is no one who can refuse my kindness.” Carnia proudly said.