Prince of Piano [Arc 4.8]

Chapter 48
auroranovels.wordpress.com

Jing Yang lived quite comfortably in Hai Weixiu’s home, to the point that he didn’t want to return to the Mooney house. Hai Weixiu would also not kick him out anyways.

Hai Weixiu was not at all as hard to get along with as the rumors made him seem, at least he treated Jing Yang very well, just somewhat fond of taking liberties with him. Jing Yang felt that this person showed an icily arrogant and serious appearance, but was actually a rogue beneath the surface.

Even though Jing Yang did not want to return to the Mooney family, at noon the second day after the competition had ended, Faith personally came to pick Jing Yang up and bring him back home under his parents’ orders.

The Mooney family car waited outside the school, and Jing Yang got on unwillingly and unresignedly, sitting down far away from Faith.

Faith was also unwilling to come pick him up, but he couldn’t reject his parents’ orders. But Jing Yang’s silence during the entire drive and his obvious aversion actually made his heart very uncomfortable.

They returned to the Mooney home in silence, where Faith’s parents were standing in the entrance to the hall to happily welcome him back. This was treatment that Avi had never experienced in the Mooney family after his grandfather had died.

“Avi, congratulations on getting first place.” Susan walked forward and held Jing Yang’s hand, her face full of smiles. “You and Corrica were both able to place, we are all really happy for you, and also very proud of you both. Tonight we prepared a congratulatory party for you two and invited many guests over. Later we’ll bring the piano out and each of you can play a piece to show off your talents.“

“Congratulations, Avi.” Corrica stood to the side, his face revealing a gentle smile like always. Compared to yesterday’s appearance of being stimulated until he forgot himself, he seemed like a completely different person. In the Mooney house, he had always concealed his emotions very well.

“Thank you.” Jing Yang glanced at him expressionlessly and then turned to Susan. “Aunt, I’m a bit tired, so I’ll first go up and rest.”

“Good good good.” Susan hurriedly agreed. “If you’re tired then just first go rest a bit. When the dinner party starts you can come down, I’ll let the cooks prepare lots of your favorite dishes.”

Corrica slightly lowered his head. Faith walked to his side, lightly patting his back to comfort him. Corrica raised his head and smiled at him, saying that he was fine.

As the dinner party guests began to trickle in, Susan let a servant go upstairs to ask Jing Yang to come down. Jing Yang used his body being uncomfortable as an excuse to reject going down to participate in the dinner party.

After the guests arrived, they naturally began discussing Jing Yang becoming Hai Weixiu’s student, and the matter of his receiving first place in the Dawatt Piano Skill Competition.

Having two people in the family be able to place in such an important and big competition had already made Susan extremely proud, not to mention one of them becoming Hai Weixiu’s student. From the guests’ envious tone, Susan received a lot of satisfaction, and fiercely showed off their accomplishments.

The guests who came this time naturally would ask why they didn’t see Avi, so Susan let the servants go upstairs to invite him down several times, but Jing Yang still did not come downstairs. Susan could only explain that this child had been training and learning at Hai Weixiu’s place for the previous period of time and was definitely tired to death from practicing. Once he came home he said that he felt uncomfortable, and the servant also said his complexion wasn’t great, so he was resting in his room at the moment.