Unstable Chinese Republic [Arc 2.10]

Chapter 26
auroranovels.wordpress.com

Cheng Jiaming was carried by people from the commander's residence and sent back to Ya Garden. In his heart there was a burst of sorrow, as well as some regret and lingering fear. Last night, he had nearly left his life in the commander's residence.

Last night Wei Tianxiong had sent people over to pick him up, in his heart he had been somewhat happy, he felt that even if he had some new target, he would still have some interest in him, at least he hadn't completely spurned him. Taking advantage of this opportunity, if he again swayed him through some pillow talk, even if he wasn't able to take back the Cheng family properties, he would still be able to get some other compensation.

But once he saw Wei Tianxiong and his ugly expression, Cheng Jiaming knew that it was bad. The following matters he wasn't willing to remember, Wei Tianxiong had vented all of his anger on his body, exhausting his methods to torment him.

Cheng Jiaming lay on his own bed, tears dripping out from his eyes. He didn't feel like giving his body to Wei Tianxiong was some shameful thing, in order to achieve his goals, he would be able to endure everything. But now he hadn't been able to achieve his goals, and still needed to suffer this kind of torment, he was really unwilling. The resentment in his heart reached the peak, no matter whether it was Wei Tianxiong, or Cheng Junxi, he would definitely think of methods to retaliate against both of them.

Wei Tianxiong was unable to get Jing Yang, and had lost face from Yang Wangkun, his heart had been full of hatred. The men who he had dispatched to monitor the Cheng family reported back, saying that now when Cheng Junxi left and entered the Cheng home, he was always accompanied by Yang Wangkun's soldiers, and moreover he would often be sent by the soldiers to Yang Wangkun's home.

In a fit of fury, Wei Tianxiong sent guards to surround all of the Cheng family's restaurants and stores, no customers dared to go in, these stores could only completely close down.

Jing Yang consoled the shopkeepers and workers, he gave them all a sum of money and told them, the closure of the stores would only be temporary. When they would again open, if they were willing to come back, they would still be able to return.

During this period of time Jing Yang would often stay the night at Yang Wangkun's place, the two people would use the majority of time to cultivate their feelings, and the rest of the time resting, and conveniently discuss the progress on handling Wei Tianxiong.

Wei Tianxiong didn't dare to fight against Yang Wangkun directly, when comparing his soldiers to Yang Wangkun's soldiers, the odds of success were too small. Otherwise, he wouldn't have always not dared to flare up, even when Yang Wangkun had stormed into his home, he still endured it. But he believed, in his hands he controlled all of the businessmen in Li cheng, Yang Wangkun also wouldn't dare to rashly move against him.

The so-called strong dragon cannot repress a snake, Wei Tianxiong thought that he had been deeply rooted in Li cheng for so many years, it was impossible for Yang Wangkun to wrest control of Li cheng from him in a short period of time. So he prepared to slowly wear Yang Wangkun down, he would always be able to wait for an opportunity.

"When are you planning on acting?" Jing Yang half-sat, lying in Yang Wangkun's arms.

"The opium ban has already been passed, Li cheng has the most opium dens, the president has commanded that we must complete the opium prohibition in the shortest time possible. With the successful model in Li cheng, the opium activities in the other places would be a little easier."