Life of Music [12.14]

Chapter 176

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

The most challenging part of the competition was the third round, which demands the contestants to create their own music. It's challenging to make a first-time audience enjoy a newly created song, unless it has a really catchy tune or a particularly climactic portion that attracts and impresses people instantly.

This time, the production team had improved the competition and transformed it to the form of proposition, that is, the style and creative form were both limited, so contestants who prepared ahead of time must recreate it within a week.

Chu Yang's previous songs that he got were no longer usable, thus Ji Xiao must begin writing all over again, just like the other contestants. However, Ji Xiao was absolutely inept in terms of music creation. If he truly allowed himself to compose a song, he would most likely be unable to listen to it, so he needed assistance.

Writing a good song in a week was difficult, and adding the needed words and melody flawlessly was even more difficult. Except for Jing Yang, who breezed through it, the other contestants were worried and had lost a significant amount of hair in just a few days.

Ji Xiao asked the person assisting him to write a few songs for him to choose. However, one of his grievances was that he wanted to use the songs prepared before, but they did not match the emotion specified by the production team. When it comes to propositional writing, if you stray from the theme, no matter how well you composed the song, you will not receive a high score.

Regardless of whether or not the contestants were ready, the competition officially began on schedule.

The media frenzy surrounding Ji Xiao's heart illness hadn't died down yet. Many people sympathized with him and wanted to support him. Many others, however, hated his use of his heart problems to sympathize with and undermine the competition's integrity. So, no one knew what the final result would be yet.

Ji Xiao's skin was considerably paler and sicker today than it was before. Because Jing Yang could see that his face was coated in makeup when he met him, he glanced at him with scornful eyes and said, "Don't you want to redo your makeup before taking the stage? Isn't your powder a little too thick?"

"Why do you care?" Ji Xiao gritted his teeth.

"Hmph." Jing Yang said with a smile. "I'm not in the mood to care about you. I just think your face is a little irritating. I hope you never show up in front of me again after this competition."
"Likewise, I don't think your face is pleasing to the eye either. As for who won't show up in the future, we'll just have to wait and see." Ji Xiao looked at Jing Yang, his eyes filled with hatred and loathing.

"All right, then we'll just have to wait and see." Jing Yang looked away and walked away.

"Chu Yang!" As soon as Liu Hang arrived, he noticed Jing Yang ready to enter the studio and instantly called him. He'd been looking for Jing Yang for a long time but hadn't seen him. He couldn't see the previous round due to urgent matters, but he finally saw him this time. Of course, he couldn't just let him go.

Jing Yang increased his speed and walked inside as soon as he heard Liu Hang's voice, as if he had seen the god of plague. Jing Yang wasn't afraid of him, but he couldn't do anything about him for the time being getting entangled with him now was too annoying, so he simply avoided Liu Hang.

"Wait for me, Chu Yang; I have something to tell you." Liu Hang ran to follow Jing Yang.
Ji Xiao watched Liu Hang, who dashed from his side to pursue Jing Yang, as if oblivious to his presence. He was about to explode with rage, but all he could do was grip his aching chest and walk alone to the lounge.