Prince of Piano [Arc 4.5]

Chapter 45
auroranovels.wordpress.com

Today was Jing Yang and Corrica’s first day of school. On the car, Faith repeatedly exhorted Corrica to bring the medicine on him at all times, and whenever something happened he should immediately give him a phone call, or find one of his school buddies.

Jing Yang rested his chin on his hand and looked out the window. If during the following year he had to sit in the same car with these two every single day, he would really need to consider getting a driver’s license in this world. He would rather buy his own car and then drive himself to school every day.

Corrica constantly kept a slight smile on his face and listened to Faith’s lecture, occasionally responding to him. He stealthily glanced at Jing Yang, inwardly feeling that there was something strange. In the past when Faith was so intimate with him, Avi would always be very sad and angry, but now he actually seemed to not care a bit about it. Could it be that he was already planning on giving up on Faith?

If Avi didn’t plan on competing for Faith with him, this would naturally be good news for him, but he still couldn’t just be defeated by Avi like this. After all, Avi had a large amount of assets as his backing, so the Mooney family would definitely not just easily give up on such a large amount of assets. That is, unless his own worth was greater than the value of those assets.

Jing Yang first went to his two cultural classes, music appreciation and music history, then tidied up his textbooks to prepare to go to Hai Weixiu’s residence for his guidance class.

“Avi.” Corrica picked up his backpack and walked over, saying to Jing Yang, “Are you going to guidance class now?”

“En.” Jing Yang didn’t look at him, directly preparing to leave.

“Wait a minute, Avi.” Corrica chased up again. “My guidance class was arranged over three hours later, can I go together with you to visit?”

Jing Yang stopped his footsteps and looked at him. “What did you say? Come with me to visit?”

Corrica hurriedly added, “I won’t disturb you both, I will stay very quiet at the side so that you won’t even feel my existence.”

Jing Yang smiled sarcastically. “In front of me, do you still need to pretend? Are you not tired after pretending all these years? What kind of person you are, besides yourself, I am the clearest about it. Only when you occasionally take off that false mask of yours would you not live so tiredly.”

“What are you saying ah, Avi.” Corrica looked at Jing Yang with an innocent expression.

Tut.” Jing Yang impatiently turned his face away. “It seems like your mask has stayed on your face too long and won’t be able to come off for a lifetime. If you were to take it off, I’m afraid you’ll rip off a layer of skin with it.”

Jing Yang walked two steps closer to him. “If you want something, you should honorably fight for it. Did you know that behaving one way in front of someone and another way behind their back really makes people disgusted with you? Please do not ever play these kinds of hypocritical friendship games in front of me again, I really do not feel like wasting this time with you.”

Corrica retreated two steps, his eyes looking at Jing Yang full of grievance.

Jing Yang turned and left. Corrica watched him gradually move farther and farther, and his gaze and expression from just now finally completely disappeared, his expressionless appearance seeming as if he had become another person.