Game Developer [11.12]

Chapter 157

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

Xi Rui put in a lot of effort to appear calm. At this time, the more guilty and frightened he appeared to be, the more the shareholders would believe he was unfit to be president.

"Today is not the day for the meeting. What is the purpose of this visit?" Because no one else spoke up, Xi Rui had to start by himself.

"Don't ask knowingly, President." One of the shareholders said to Xi Rui, "Don't we all know what the company's current state is? You should also be quite clear about the reason for our visit."

Xi Rui's face turned a little awkward instantly, so he cleared his throat and said, "Although the company's most recent game has some issues, this is to be expected. There will undoubtedly be difficulties while developing plans. The more we unite at this moment, the more likely we are to withstand this crisis."

"As far as we know, all of these issues are the result of the president's poor judgment. Given the president's desire for us to unify and overcome this, does it appear that there is a solution for this?"

"Everyone can work together to come up with solutions. You can also express yourself if you have any good ideas. There will always be ways if we think together." Xi Rui said.

"The current issue would not have occurred if the president had listened to the opinions of others as supposed. The company's growth and future are not trivial matters. It's fine to follow your instructions if you have the ability. However, if you are unable to make decisions and refuse to listen other's opinions, then you are unfit to be a decision-maker."

So far, those who have spoken have been those who had refused to support Xi Rui. Those who support Xi Rui, although they also thought Xi Rui has only just become president, but he indeed has let the company to face such a crisis, are extremely unsatisfied. But exactly because they drove him to that position, unlike other shareholders, they cannot accuse Xi Rui or assist him to speak.

Xi Rui occasionally looked towards those who had supported him, expecting that they could help him, but they all avoided his sight and opted to remain mute. They thought that since becoming president, Xi Rui has caused such a major crisis, this president is far too incompetent. They support Xi Rui for their own gain, and everything should be done in their best interests, therefore Xi Rui must explain himself now.

When those persecuting gazes fell on Xi Rui, he had no choice but to bite the bullet and say something. "I will undoubtedly find a solution to this problem, so you don't need to worry. I will absolutely assume responsibilities as long as I am the president of this company."

Zheng Yongren, the oldest and most senior, said, "Xi Le led the company by getting it back on track while he was president. The company's growth has always been on an upward trajectory. There has never been such a mistake. Xi Le's accomplishments over the last few years were ruined in such a short amount of time after you became president. Don't mistake my words for cruelty. To be honest, you must have a knack for creating problems. However, the majority of people here and I do not believe you are capable of resolving the situation."

Zheng Yongren's words were lethal to Xi Rui. He had despised anyone comparing Xi Le to him from the start, because in their eyes, Xi Le is superior to him in every way. He thought he had driven Xi Le away, and that if he became president, he would not be worried about being compared to Xi Le because he would undoubtedly outperform Xi Le. However, he is still the one that has been crushed and beaten.

"If it weren't for Xi Le, none of this would be happening right now!" Xi Rui couldn't contain his rage and uttered his own inner thoughts.

"What you said is very intriguing." Zheng Yongren fixed his gaze on Xi Rui. "Let's not get into the reasons behind Xi Le's departure from this company. Even if he now works for another company, he is in a fair competition with us. It is self-evident that in a fair competition, the one who is more capable would succeed. You can see how immature your mind is if you can say such things without feeling responsible. This company may not last long if you continue to serve as president."