Artistic Life [10.17]

Chapter 144

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

During this time, Jing Yang created two paintings and displayed them in Cui Yan's gallery. Someone wanted to buy them right away after they were hung up, but Cui Yan refused to sell them until they had been hung up for a month. Many oil painting enthusiasts liked these two paintings, and after media reports, these two paintings became popular, and many people waited for a month to buy this painting. Cui Yan simply asked the gallery staff to sell it at auction, open bidding, and whoever gets the highest price one month later will be the owner.

Cui Yan wanted to collect Jing Yang's "Mermaid" privately, but he thought Jing Yang painted so well that it would be a shame if only he knew about it. Cui Yan finally decided to hang "Mermaid" in the gallery to show off, but only for people to admire, not for sale.

When "Mermaid" was published, it caused quite a stir in the art world. Every day, a large number of art enthusiasts poured into the gallery to admire the painting, with many wealthy people willing to pay exorbitant prices to obtain it.

Cui Yan, on the other hand, would never sell it. Not to mention that this painting was especially painted and given to him by Jing Yang, but the drawing content always evokes unexplained feelings in him.

Although he thought the other two paintings he agreed to sell were excellent, they did not elicit any strong emotions from him. And he knows that he may not be able to collect every painting Jing Yang creates, he should also give others the opportunity. This is also beneficial to Jing Yang's reputation.

There are many wealthy people in the world, as well as many people who are willing to spend money. Those who are willing to pay a high price but are unable to purchase "Mermaid" want to purchase the painting through their relationship with Cui Yan or through other exchanges.

Cui Yan was irritated by those people, so he planned to take back "Mermaid" after it had been hanging for a few days. Then he'll tell the gallery staff that it had been purchased by a mysterious person. If someone asks who bought it, they could say that the buyer does not want to reveal his identity.

Su Mo entered the gallery wearing a mask. He came to see the "Mermaid" painting. Only this painting was displayed on a large wall in the gallery's center. A special glass cover was placed over the painting to protect it.

During this time, Su Mo was almost frustrated to no end. He was numb in his heart and didn't feel much when he saw netizens using various words to insult and curse him. Anyway, it was only slightly more serious than the previous scolding, and he didn't care. The thing that made him feel painful and desperate is that he had lost control of Wu Xiuyuan and had no chance of revenge.

But what he didn't expect was that Jing Yang's painting "Mermaid" would be the one to cool the flames of the scandal between him and Wu Xiuyuan. This made him feel ironic and sad, as if he were just a toy that could be manipulated at will.

Su Mo himself had no idea what his reasons and feelings were. He just wanted to look at Jing Yang's "Mermaid".

Many people were already gathered in front of the painting when he arrived. When he saw their obsession with the painting in their eyes, the jealousy in his heart began to surface. But the more people here the better for him, he puts on a mask and blends in with the crowd. Those who are focused on the painting will miss him, and there'll be nothing strange when he is standing alone wearing a mask.

When he saw "Mermaid," he was taken aback. Has Mu Jin, who was once a student like him, achieved this level? Then he felt jealousy and annoyance, jealousy of Mu Jin's ability and annoyance that no matter how hard he worked for a lifetime, he couldn't compare to Mu Jin.