Artistic Life [10.13]

Chapter 140

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

In his studio, Jing Yang painted his most recent idea. This painting, inspired by the previous world, was titled "Mermaid."

For many years after he became king, Reibar would take him out to the sea whenever he had time. Reibar would accompany him when he was playing in the sea, and other times he would stand on the boat and watch him. The painting portrays him freely swimming in the sea.

During this time, Jing Yang frequently dreamed about things from previous lifetimes; perhaps because he had the clearest memory of the previous life, he dreamed about it more often. So he painted this painting especially for Cui Yan as compensation for the five paintings taken away by his mother.

Cui Yan walked into the studio and wrapped his arms around Jing Yang's waist. He lowered his head and kissed Jing Yang on the cheek before looking at the painting that was about to be completed, "Is it going to be ready?"

"En." Jing Yang said as he continued to paint. "You've finished everything? It's not even afternoon yet, you didn't abandon your work and flee on your own, did you?"

"Why should I hire them for such a high salary if I have to do everything myself? Don't the subordinates share the workload with the boss?" Cui Yan spoke naturally.

"What about that matter? How's it going?" Jing Yang has been focusing on painting all this time. He is aware that Wu Xiuyuan has finally taken action, but because Cui Yan told him that he didn't need to worry about it, he didn't give it much thought after handing over the secretly recorded video.

"It's being worked on, and he'll be taught a lesson soon." Cui Yan's tone is calm, but his heart is not. Those slanderous words in Wu Xiuyuan's post enraged him. Especially after Jing Yang told him that he did intend to start a relationship with Wu Xiuyuan after graduation, but Su Mo plagiarized him before he graduated, and he also found out about Wu Xiuyuan's love affair with Su Mo, else he would most likely be in a relationship with him.

As long as he thinks of Jing Yang almost dating Wu Xiuyuan and failing to meet himself, Cui Yan's heart hurts with rage and he can't even breathe properly. He has to make Wu Xiuyuan pay a terrible price!

Cui Yan temporarily pushed the issue of Wu Xiuyuan to the back of his mind and focused his attention on the picture painted by Jing Yang. The mermaid was stunning in the clear blue water. He's not sure if it's because Jing Yang's painting is so good, but he has a feeling the mermaid will emerge from it, and the swimming picture appeared in his mind very clearly, very real, as if it had really happened.

Jing Yang's "Mermaid" is finally finished. Only then did he notice Cui Yan's distraction. It was clear that his mind had wandered.

"What do you think?" Jing Yang asked, patting his cheek with the back of his hand.

Cui Yan quickly recovered and said to Jing Yang, "No, I just feel like the content of your picture is a little familiar. I'm not sure when, but I believe I have seen the same thing with my own eyes."

Cui Yan kissed Jing Yang's lips firmly and said, "You must have painted so well that I feel this way, just like the "Holy Light" you painted. Not only did I feel empowered as soon as I saw it, but the image became very real in my mind."

"Really? Perhaps you've seen these pictures in your dreams, like me," Jing Yang said with a smile.

"In your dreams? Have all the paintings you painted appeared in your dreams?" Cui Yan inquired.

""Yes," Jing Yang replied, "as long as people fall asleep, they will dream every day, but in general, unless it's a special dream, many people don't remember it. But I recall every detail with utmost clarity."