Game Developer [11.15]

Chapter 160

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

Xi Guangshan became ill unexpectedly and was sent to the hospital. According to the doctor, his body was in good shape, probably he was overstimulated, resulting in a symptom similar to a heart attack.

Both Wen Zhu and Xi Rui were puzzled. How could Xi Guangshan suddenly become agitated while he was resting at home? Wen Zhu made a call to ask whether anything happened at home today, the helper told her that Xi Le had come to the residence to talk to Mr. Xi. As for the conversation, they had no idea what it was and why Mr. Xi had suddenly become ill.

Xi Guangshan was lying in a hospital bed for an infusion, his face a little better than before, but his eyes were blank and haggard, as if he had become a lot older in a matter of seconds, and he appeared to have been shocked.

Wen Zhu sat on the edge of the hospital bed, facing Xi Guangshan, and said, "I heard Xi Le came to the house today. Did Xi Le say anything that angered you?"

Xi Guangshan remained expressionless, staring at the ceiling without blinking or responding to Wen Zhu's words.

Ignoring Xi Guangshan's condition, Wen Zhu continued, "You're well aware of his personality. Is it worth it to be angry because of him? Don't let him come again."

Xi Rui also said angrily, "He is really getting too much. He sent me to the hospital before, and this time he sent his own father to the hospital. Isn't he afraid of retribution? This type of rude and unfilial person will not fare well in the future! A guy like him will never be forgiven by God!"

Xi Guangshan, whose mind had been blank for some time, suddenly heard Xi Rui's words, turned around, and stared at Xi Rui's face. Xi Guangshan was looking for something resembling him in Xi Rui's face. He had adored his son for so long, how could it not be his own?

The unusual eyes of Xi Guangshan made Xi Rui feel uneasy. He moved in close to Xi Guangshan and shook his hand, saying, "What's the matter with you, Dad? Do you feel better now?"

Xi Guangshan's grief and sorrow are amplified by the fact that he just now found out that Xi Rui is nothing like him. Xi Le still resembles his paternal grandmother (Xi Guangshan's mother), but Xi Rui bears no resemblance to anyone in their family. This was something he'd never noticed before.

"The company... how is it?" Xi Guangshan asked, his voice hoarse. He remembered that he had given all of his shares to Xi Rui. If Xi Rui was not his biological son, then the transfer must have been a conspiracy.

"..." Xi Rui swallowed and said, trying to be as natural as possible. "The company is great, and everything is proceeding as planned. Don't worry, dad; I'll absolutely succeed this time and meet your expectations."

"Have you started working with Cao Rutang?" Xi Guangshan asked.

"Yes, Dad, I've already started working with Uncle Cao." Xi Rui replied.

Xi Guangshan closed his eyes again, and a dreadful feeling in his heart made him want to avoid speaking with Xi Rui.

"Dad...," After a little pause, Xi Rui finally said what he wanted to say. "You said you'd leave our ancestral house to me, right?"

When he mentioned the old mansion, Xi Guangshan's heart trembled, he clenched his teeth, and remained silent.

"Dad?" Xi Rui paused for a moment then continued without waiting for a response. "What do you think about Xi Le? He sent you to the hospital at every turn. He does not regard you as his father at all. He's just an ungrateful, white-eyed wolf! If you become enraged again, or if there are any problems later, he will undoubtedly fight me for the family's property."