Life of Music [12.11]

Chapter 173

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

Jing Yang's popularity skyrocketed after the first round ended. His video from the competition had a very high view count as well.

Therefore, some netizens began searching for his past and discovered that there was very little to be found. They could only learn that he had signed a contract with the previous agency for quite some time, but he had just recently made his debut and left soon after.

It could be said that when Jing Yang terminated the contract, he received no attention at all. However, because he had suddenly become a hot topic figure, netizens were starting to wonder why he left his previous agency.

Netizens were puzzled, he was obviously attractive and possessed not only a superb, beautiful voice but also a strong singing talent, but why did his former agency wait so long to arrange his debut? And no good projects were made after that either.

Some netizens felt that some agencies are actually scamming people. They signed a contract but did not make any plans for the artist's development. If the artist had previously had an opportunity but lacked talent and luck, it's fine if the company does not favor them for the sake of profit, after all, entertainment agencies still prioritize profit first and not charity. This agency, on the other hand, had been suppressing a brilliant talent for so long to make his debut, which is confusing.

Although the most dispensable thing in the entertainment industry was handsome men and beautiful women, to such an artist who looks so exquisite and had such a unique temperament as Jing Yang, why are they still hesitant to properly promote him? Even though he was only used as a vase in an idol drama, he could still draw a significant number of 'face powder fans'.

Although netizens were unaware of Jing Yang's contract termination process with the previous agency, they've somehow guessed the reason. Regardless of who the artist was, they would want to develop successfully with the agency's assistance. No one would stay if they were kept in the dark by the agency and would seek out other opportunities for advancement.

The netizens were quite amazing; they could guess things in general with only a few clues available.

The second round's content was announced the day after the first round on the official website. The participants would sing in collaboration in the second round. Jing Yang, first place, and Ji Xiao, second place, will both sing the same song. Third, fourth, and fifth place would all perform a song together.

This round did not exist in the previous competitions. This was a new round that Gu Mang and the production team considered to make it clearer who sings better among the contestants, especially when they're singing the same song.

The contestants had a week to prepare after the production team divided the parts that everyone will sing and emailed them to them.

The phone rang just as Jing Yang was about to get up. He didn't want to answer the phone, so he put his hands over his ears and tried to sleep again, but the ringtone continued to ring and no one helped him hang it up, suggesting that Gu Mang had already awakened and was out of the room. Jing Yang could only grudgingly open his eyes, crawl to the bedside table, and pick up the phone on the bedside table to answer the call.

Jing Yang squinted his eyes and didn't see who was calling, so he answered "Hello."

"...Did you just wake up?" The other party said after hearing Jing Yang's voice.

"Who are you?" Jing Yang, who was very angry when he woke up, asked impatiently.

"It's me, Liu Hang."