Game Developer [11.2]

Chapter 147

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

Jing Yang collapsed on the bed, too exhausted to have a shower. He pulled over the quilt, half-asleep and half-awake, and opened the original memory.

As Jing Yang had predicted, the four people he had just met were the ones he needed to deal with and exact revenge on in this life.

Xi Le's parents had a business marriage. They not only have never loved each other, but they each have their own loved ones. They were forced to marry due to family pressure.

The lover of Xi Le's mother actually had a good family background, but the family did not approve of their relationship. To help the company grow, the family forcibly separated them and then forced her to marry Xi Guangshan.

Xi Le's mother was heartbroken because she couldn't be with someone she loved. Her family kept her at home and forbade her from going out at the time. She also attempted suicide three times but was always caught because she was being watched.

Her grandfather told her that because she was born into this family and has benefited from everything that their family has provided for her, she should contribute to the development of the family as it should be.

Xi Le's mother also said that she was willing to repay the family in other ways, but she would never accept marriage. Her grandfather, however, refused to agree. She was forced to marry Xi Guangshan right away in order to marry into the Xi family.

Jing Yang couldn't help but sneer sarcastically when he saw this. What he despises the most are the so-called elder who, in order to cover up their incompetence, told others to pay under the name of honor.

Jing Yang feels it's very despicable, whether it is the ancient emperor and the princess or the modern-day parents that sacrifices the happiness of their children for the sake of the family business. And the sentence 'this family offers you everything then you should sacrifice for this family' is what he hates the most. It's a terrible shame when someone is born just to be used as a tool. Should they sacrifice their own happiness because you gave birth to them? Did you ask them if they wanted to be born in such an environment in the first place?

No one has the ability to choose their own birth. It would be unfair if he couldn't choose his own way of life and happiness either. In Jing Yang's view, anyone who enters the world should be a free and independent individual. You gave birth to me; I have no right to choose; therefore, raising me should be your responsibility. I owe you a debt of gratitude for helping me in growing older and would repay you. I might even repay it for life. However, love and happiness are private matters, and no one has the authority to make someone sacrifice.

Because of the family's persecution, Xi Le's mother eventually married Xi Guangshan, but she refused to be intimated with him for a long time. Marriage between two families inevitably requires the birth of children in order to strengthen the bond. As a result, Xi Le's mother, who was married to the Xi family and had no personal freedom, became pregnant.

Xi Guangshan had a woman he loved before he married, and that woman is Xi Rui's mother, Wen Zhu. Xi Le's mother resisted too hard before marriage and attempted three suicides, thus she almost lost all her freedom both before and after the marriage. Xi Guangshan, unlike Xi Le's mother, did not put up a strong fight. He is also a man, which cannot be kept at home, therefore he has a lot of freedom.

Xi Guangshan has always maintained a romantic relationship with Wen Zhu, and Xi Le's paternal grandparents are also aware of this, but because parents are more biased of their own children, Xi Le's mother was never able to meet her former lover, but the relationship between Xi Guangshan and Wen Zhu was tolerated.