Life of Music [12.8]

Chapter 170

www.otakutl.blogspot.com

The Sound of Heaven Competition has been held numerous times. Many well-known singers competed in this competition when they first made their debut. As a result, there will be a lot of national interest every time the competition starts.

Every time, the competition's material will be different, and the evaluation process will get more refined. This competition is not just a test of a singer's vocal abilities, but also of their musical competence. So, in addition to singing classic and challenging songs, you must also sing your own music.

Singing talents can be enhanced with practice, but musical ability is determined by natural talent. In fact, it seems a little unrealistic to expect a singer to also be an excellent composer.

As a result, at a later stage of the competition, the organizers implicitly agreed to accept outside assistance in the creation of the contestant's own song. Even if the organizer didn't do so, there'll be participants who spend money on songs that have already been composed and then claim that they wrote it themselves for the competition.

This point is also well understood by the audience. Some people believe that as long as they can sing well, it doesn't matter if they can compose or not. However, some audiences believe that singers who seek outside help to compose songs are being unfair compared to singers who write and compose their own songs. Because this is a test of creative and musical talent, it must test that aspect, otherwise, there is no need to create such round. Else, wouldn't it be better to just simply sing better than the other?

The organizer felt that allowing candidates to get outside assistance was still acceptable. Although it cannot evaluate the singer's genuine creative skill, because the song must be newly composed, even though these songs are not composed by the singers themselves, they do at least test the singer's keen ability to choose songs.

The main song chosen by a singer is equally as significant as the script chosen by an actor. If you choose the right one, you will be popular. If you choose the wrong one, all of your hard work and time will be for naught. Therefore, the organizer believes that such a test is also crucial.

Gu Mang became one of the judges this time, as well as taking part in the competition's production. As a result, the competition's contents will be modified in line with Gu Mang's request.

Gu Mang was appointed as a judge for the competition, which drew greater attention to it and became one of its selling points.

"The competition is about to start tomorrow, are you nervous?" Gu Mang rubbed Jing Yang's hair.

"I'm not nervous." Jing Yang said as he lay on the bed. He hadn't had a nervous feeling in a long time. It was just a competition, and he couldn't even fake nervousness.

"You seem to be quite confident." Gu Mang said while holding Jing Yang. "However, because your singing has developed so quickly and I trust your ability, I have upped the difficulty. You must put up a lot of effort."

Although singing skills were not that significant in Jing Yang's new songs, anyone who knows a little music can hear that his abilities are far superior to the previous Chu Yang.
"I'll do my best." With his eyes closed, Jing Yang said.

Tomorrow is the first day of the competition. He had intended to return to his home, but Gu Mang refused to let him, so he had no choice but to stay. During the competition, he thought they should keep their distance. Gu Mang, on the other hand, said that regardless of whether or not they're photographed, their relationship would not be exposed at this time. When Jing Yang heard this, he thought to himself, 'It's surely great to have money and power'. Although there were numerous problems on the surface, there were also many occasions when you could do everything you wanted.