97

Chapter 97 The Puppet 023

Christmas Eve passed as a cooling snap swept across the Commonwealth. After parting ways with A, Qing Changye was basically in a state of no worries. When he first came to this world, he wanted to go home frantically. After Edwin died, it became less important whether he returned or not. In three years, people he used to know died one by one. After he recovered, Lance asked Qing Changye if he wanted to stay in the imperial capital, and the latter nodded with a smile.

"Your Majesty knows my purpose and is willing to let me stay in the Federation. I am very grateful."

"The same position as before, okay?"

Realizing that Lance was referring to the personal secretary, Qing Changye responded after being slightly startled: "As long as your Majesty Don't worry that the cardinal will be suspicious, I'm fine."

Sitting in this position, many of the things he will come into contact with are undoubtedly related to federal secrets, Lance is willing to let him sit in this position now, and whether he will let him go in the future remains to be considered. Only then did he know that although Joey was Lance's secretary on the surface, he never actually handled documents for the latter. More often than not, Joey was only responsible for planning Lance's daily life, especially when he was marching. After returning to the Federation, Qing Changye saw Joey less often. He speculated that Joey's position beside Lance might be the same as that of Lydia and Edwin in the past. They were more assisting in the dark. Because a large number of Zergs were devoured in the Zerg Star Abyss, Lance's physical condition was much more stable than before. Qing Changye doesn't need to send time for him now, but the number of transparent numbers floating beside Lance is still as small as before, and the total amount of time he can hold has not increased. In other words, his condition has not improved in essence.

The first day of Qing Changye's tenure happened to coincide with the meeting of the cardinals. This generation of cardinals has changed compared to his memory. Among the ten people were men and women, and there was even a very handsome young man. Without exception, the cardinals have a lot of time, which makes the oldest among them look like they are only in their early thirties. Cardinals will inherit internally according to blood, and these people all bear the most honorable surname of the Federation. The first ten cardinals represented the ten major families of the federation. Over time, these gathered great nobles gradually had the right to contend with the supreme ruler. The meeting did not last long. The cardinals briefly discussed the New Deal with Lance. The views of the two sides were unexpectedly similar. The meeting ended after a preliminary agreement was reached. Qing Changye saw a lot of familiar faces in it, these people had sat opposite him in the mirror palace trial. He could feel the vaguely scrutinizing eyes around him. When leaving the chamber, the youngest cardinal greeted Lance.

"Your Majesty's new policy is very suitable for the needs of the people," the man said with a smile, "With a wise monarch like you, it's enough for us to make a living."

Lance glanced at him with a half-smile, and nodded slowly after a while: "Mr. Joseph, as the cardinal secretary, has really contributed a lot to the development of the Federation."

"Where, Your Majesty is absurd." The man changed the subject and looked at Qing Changye: "This is Your Majesty's new secretary?" "

Hello Sir." Qing Changye took the initiative to reach out his hand, seeing that Joseph had not let go of his handshake for a long time, Lance raised his eyebrows, and then he began to look at the youngest cardinal: "Hello, maybe you don't You know me, but this is not the first time we have met."

"Judgment in the Mirror Palace?"

"That's right." Joseph's smile was a bit fancy, and his incongruous speech could easily give people the impression of frivolity: "Except for that time There are also some coincidences. I have a good relationship with the eldest son and the eldest daughter of the Seydoux family, you know, they are all obsessed with you."