Vampire

It's been 3 years and 6 months since I was born. After I found out I was a vampire I was shocked, to say the least.

I learned that I currently live in the demon kingdom called Treles. Humans do live in this world and there are supremacist kingdoms that believe that nonhumans are the scourge of the world. But just like humans, some demons think the same way about humans as well. Due to that when most demons reach the age of education which will be when I turn 4, they will teach us how to use magic and got us our genetic abilities. All of which I will learn more about when I am older.

Something about vampires in this world unlike legends in my past we don't live off of blood alone. And we aren't walking skeletons that need to avoid the sun otherwise we would die immediately or sparkle. I'm alive, Unlike legends where vampires are deceased hanging beings. I can die like any mortal unlike humans though vampires' aging slows down once we reach the age of 20.

With our slowing age we can live from a few hundred to a few thousand years. In retrospect, guessing is a bonus but at a cost vampires, the older they are the weaker vampire to sunlight like an allergic reaction sunlight becomes like poison. So although vampires are one of the few most long-lived demon species as we age the sun becomes deadly to us.

Vampires in legend can't reproduce and live on blood but here vampires can survive on blood, yes but most vampires view drinking blood forcefully as barbaric especially if you can live on food like any other species. As for having children vampires can manipulate their bodies to make them fertile for the day they die. Due to their long life, most vampires practice polygamy. Some vampires practice purity though and as known in my last world it causes genetic defects. Because of that most vampires are pushing for anti-purity laws to prevent genetic issues. But at the moment it is being pushed back to the point that it is common for interbreeding and marriages to happen.

Vampires unlike most species halfbreeds are uncommon. When a child is born they will either be born as a vampire like one parent or the species of the other. Vampires when born from other species are rarely born due to vampires' genomes being recessive almost. Meaning if I started a relationship with someone of another demon species my child will be least likely to be born as a vampire which is why polygamy is common because if multiple relations don't happen vampires would probably become an extinct demon species.

"Reina, what are you thinking so hard about?"