Ash

The Hallway twisting and winding but almost always with a view of either of the inner quart. Which is protected by the magic pains of glass the equivalent of bulletproof glass in this magical world. And the view of the surreal view. Looking closely I noticed magic writing covering all the windows in the outer area. If I were to use technological terms from my past life. The defense magic on those windows can withstand a magical attack with the same force as an atomic bomb. Not that there is an individual that can cast or do damage that high. Most magic that is anywhere near that powerful is a group spell.

Now that I think about it I should see what the structure looks like with the magic sensor glasses I have. It is a tool that lets me see where there are magic circles and if they are in view it shows me the magic writing. It would be interest g to study it.

"I can't recall if employees are allowed to wear Magic observation Lenses?" (MC)

"Some employees are allowed but under strict restrictions. And usually they have to have the permission of the royal family." (Aspin)

"Too bad maybe one day I can wear them to observe the magic defense." (MC)

That sucks I wanted to see it but if I also studied it it would be fun to make something similar for a pendant and maybe gift it to... Why would I gift that jerk anything? He hasn't even kept in contact with me. Besides it would be weird if I made something like that for Tatsu while pretending to have a relationship with Aspin. That would make headlines for me having an affair with a royal while dating an apprentice royal guard. That would be a publicity nightmare.

Snap out of it I need to do my best I stow it my apprenticeship tomorrow.

*BOOM*

Suddenly a door busted off its hinges but no one reacted as an older woman, with red skin, walked out coughing covered in soot while a small stout boy was coughing with the same look. Did an ash bomb go off on them?

"Not her." (Aspin)

"Who are they?" (MC)

"That's Dr. Endra she specializes in magical research while also working on weapon designs for the army. She is also half Cinder orc. The small one next to her goes by Riél. He is half-dwarf and half-giant. When he is older we won't know how big he will get. He is Dr. Endra's apprentice." (Aspin)

Half orc he might not be saying what her other half is because it is obvious. If it wasn't for her skin and the small horns in her forehead she would look like an average human. But I'm glad that she can have a good life. Humans can't understand demons. And usually hunt us for sport but it isn't extremely rare that it doesn't happen where a halfbreed is born. This country always tries to enforce equality for all demons including halfbreeds. This country protects them and accepts them as a citizen if she hadn't been lucky though she would have been killed by other demons or used as a toy by humans maybe even killed. Good for her.

"Is there a reason you don't like her?" (MC)

"She may be well-meaning and great at her job but she causes so many explosions and it's usually the apprentice knight helping repair the damage." (Aspin)

"So this happens normally. I was honestly worried that you didn't like her because of her genetics." (MC)

"When I was younger I would have discriminated against her but now that I am older I know that that isn't right and they are like any of us and deserve normalcy and acceptance." (Aspin)

"Good." (MC)

I would have thought him deserving of death otherwise.

"Oh I've never seen you before are you the new apprentice secretary?" (Dr. Endra)

"You are correct mam it will be my pleasure working alongside you and everyone else." (MC)