Fake Boyfriend

"Hey sweetie how did the date go?" (Mom)

Ugh, I suck at lying.

"I liked him we have another date for next week." (MC)

At least I am not lying.

"I also invited him to my graduation he said he will stop by and pick me up to help get my stuff moved into the apprentice's quarters." (MC)

"Wait, why is he helping you with that?" (Mom)

"Because we are both apprentices at the castle." (MC)

"Wait so you will be working together?" (Mom)

"Different departments. He is receiving training to become part of the royal guard. I'm training to be the king's secretary." (MC)

"Do they even allow workplace romance?" (Dad)

If it wasn't for my hearing he would have scared the shit out of me.

"Yes as long as if it doesn't interfere with work and isn't displayed publicly while on the clock. I'm even allowed to have relationships with my superiors as long as if we still do the work." (MC)

Which is weird when I think about it. I understand the worker's situation. But specifically mentioning the superior relationship in the contract is weird.

"Wait Dad didn't you use to work at the castle?" (MC)

"I was in my 20's it's been a long time and I only worked there for a month so I don't remember all that much. Besides we were all expecting children on the way so I was more worried about my wives." (Dad)

That is reasonable.

"So are you and the Dacre kid officially dating?" (Mom)

Okay, we practiced this earlier.

"Yes." (MC)

Don't over explain don't over-explain.

*Squeal*

"Our daughter is finally dating someone." (Mom)

I think I went deaf for a second there.

"My daughter has a boyfriend." (Dad)

This feels like an anime the shocked Dad and excited Mom. But I can tell one thing my mom wants me to date and my dad doesn't.

"Okay I never met the family but tell me everything about him." (Mom)

Oh, no signaling to my dad but failing. I Wound up being captured by my mom. We talked for an hour about everything from his looks to using protection. Why do I have to have sex talk? I already went through this in my past life. I am very uncomfortable.