Deal

"May I be blunt?" (Aspin)

Well, that's an interesting way to start a date.

"I don't mind." (MC)

"I am not interested in having any romantic relations at this moment. So if you are here to date then I suggest you leave." (Aspin)

I guess that is something that we can agree with.

"To be honest I'm not interested in dating at the moment as well." (MC)

Well, he seems shocked. I'm guessing he expected me to leave and not stay.

"I surmise that our parents set this date up so that we would focus on relationships. Rather than just our current careers that we have or aspire to." (Aspin)

"You guessed correctly. Starting next month I will be an apprentice secretary. In hopes of one day being the king's secretary. But until I become an actual secretary I don't plan on having any long-term relationships." (MC)

"I guess our goals are similar. I'm currently an apprentice knight for the royal guard. My dream is to become captain of the royal guard. But due to how busy I am until I am officially anointed as a knight. Having a relationship is off the table." (Aspin)

Wow good for him honestly I wouldn't have expected him to be training to become a royal knight. Although it is understandable. Royal knights are supposed to have mastery over fighting and magic.

"Oh really I guess we will both be working together in a sense." (MC)

"You know I had a crazy idea." (Aspin)

"Okay, what is it?" (MC)

I'm curious and he is surprisingly easy to talk to.

"What if we pretend to date?" (Aspin)

"Say what now?" (MC)

This feels like one of those novel situations where they pretend to date and eventually fall in love.

"Sorry it is a ridiculous idea." (Aspin)

"Can you tell me why you want to fake having a relationship with me?" (MC)

This situation sounds so weird.

"Well, we both have the same sort of plans for our future where we both want to have stable careers before we date anyone. Not only that but we will both be working in the same vicinity." (Aspin)

What is he getting at? This feels like a rom-com.

"But until we have a romantic partner our parents will keep setting us up on blind dates." (Aspin)

That is true and I do not want to have to deal with constantly meeting people I don't know.

"I understand your reasons somewhat but you could do this idea with anyone besides myself." (MC)

He could be using me for something other than convenience.

"Although you do have a point you are the only date I had so far that wasn't here for romance but because of your parents." (Aspin)

"So you want to pretend to date me because we are both in similar situations. You do realize that there is a possibility of one or both of us falling in love with the other. Or we will fall in love with someone else and might not want to have a polyamorous relationship." (MC)

"Does the thought of having multiple partners bother you?" (Aspin)

"Not so much. My life span is a few thousand years. So depending on the partner they will most likely die of old age before I am even considered middle-aged." (MC)

"Then how about we pretend to be dating until we are at the point we want to be for our careers?" (Aspin)

"And after that?" (MC)

"Then we can decide if we whether or not we want to have a relationship." (Aspin)

You know what I have nothing to lose in this aspect. Besides, even if we aren't dating talking with him is easy so even if we don't fall in love we can be friends.

"I think that works with me." (MC)