Tour

Going through the gate we had to present paperwork showing we had permission to come inside the castle walls. For me even though I've been here I had to go through the path that is meant for guests. I was not allowed to roam off that path. I know that that is for security so being able to wander around the castle and find where to go is now a new experience.

"You look nervous." (Aspin)

"If I'm honest I just hope that I can memorize where to go so I don't get lost." (MC)

"I guess that can be daunting it did take me a while to remember what corridor leads to where." (Aspin)

"You also have been an apprentice here for a couple of years so it's not surprising that you can remember." (MC)

"That is true a few more years I can become an official royal knight." (Aspin)

"Really how long do you have to work to become a royal knight?" (MC)

"Well first of all we have to be in training for 8 years I'm in year 6. Secondly, we have to reach a set level for our capability. But after that then we become a knights squire. We remain in that position for 2 more years that's when we become official knights and have a ceremony allowing us to be blessed by the ruling monarch." (Aspin)

"How long will it take you to become the captain of the royal guard?" (MC)

"Oh that after I am officially anointed as a knight I can challenge the captain of the royal guard to a Mok battle and duel if I beat him in both I become the new captain."

"Wait how do you do the moc battle?" (MC)

"You remember the game Miniature Warfare?" (Aspin)

"Of course, you said it was your favorite game." (MC)

"We do it using that." (Aspin)

Miniature warfare is a strategy game that meets virtual reality. Your consciousness gets absorbed into the mind of a commander if set on extreme all the pawns have wills of their own so you have to be charismatic and capable to beat the other side. You can also have it set up to look like a real battlefield or a battle taking place in the capital itself. It is a game that can either traumatize someone or empower them. Your character can also get killed and in real war, if the commander dies chaos soon follows. Sometimes to make it even more high stakes you can implement a spell that makes you physically feel what your character does. Meaning if your head is chopped off so is your character.

"I never knew that they use that game for battle simulations. As well as a real-world training." (MC)

"Yeah, but it is the easiest because the game the castle uses also allows the consciousness of the knights to train in simulations of an attack while being in the position of their post." (Aspin)

Depending on the person that could be traumatizing. Being lifted by Aspin some of the butlers and maids helped by carrying my items to my apprentice quarters.

"Heh, even though I am a noble I'm still not used to this." (MC)

"They are very thorough but they have to be the best of the best they do represent the elegance of our country when people of foreign affairs arrive." (Aspin)

"They have to be the best of the best." (MC)