Royalty

"With what happened we might have to give a testimony to the king. This might be the first time in a little over 100 years that they moved off the battlefields." (Tatsu)

"Which means we both might have to make a statement in front of the king." (MC)

*Sigh*

"This is going to be annoying." (Tatsu)

"I want to be the king's secretary that doesn't mean I want to meet the royal family this soon." (MC)

"Well if you think about it you would be meeting the soon-to-be former king. His eldest son is coming of age soon and will be inheriting the crown by the time you graduate." (Tatsu)

"That doesn't make me feel better." (MC)

"Don't be so nervous besides if all goes well this will go on your resume." (Tatsu)

"Says the man who looks like he is going to throw up." (MC)

Seriously he looks like he got doused in cold water.

"Okay please don't freak out but I already told your parents about it." (Tatsu)

[A few moments later]

"Okay so let me get this straight you are the illegitimate child of the king. He already knows that you exist. He was the reason you were sent to war. And the only reason you became my bodyguard is to earn favor with a few of the most influential nobles of this generation. While also trying to find a marital partner that can survive with you through the succession war." (MC)

Now I feel like I'm the one who needs to throw up.

"Are you alright do you need to sit down?" (Tatsu)

"Did my parents already know?" (MC)

"Yeah they recognized who I was as soon as they saw me." (Tatsu)

"So what's the real reason why you didn't want me to become the king's secretary?" (MC)

"Because that would mean that you might get killed if this was after everything then you wouldn't be in any danger from royalty but even then you could be targeted." (Tatsu)

"You realize I considered all that besides I already know that being the king's secretary could get me killed. That's why I train so hard. I might have chosen a dangerous job but it is one of the best jobs of this time." (MC)

Coming closer to me he seemed to be trying to intimidate me.

"You're going to get yourself killed." (Tatsu)

Sleeping closer because I wasn't scared I glared back.

"I won't get myself killed." (MC)

Grabbing my shoulders he seemed so angry.

"Damn it Reina I can't protect you if you go there." (Tatsu)

"I never asked you to protect me after I graduate." (MC)

His tone became more gentle he seemed to be scared for my safety.

"Reina you can't be this dense. I don't want to lose you. Yes I may only be a bodyguard to you but that doesn't mean I care less." (Tatsu)

"That isn't for you to decide. I wanted this future since I was old enough to learn about this country. I know what I want for my future I'm not changing it because of your affection." (MC)

"Please I don't want to lose you." (Tatsu)

He seems so weak but I am not going to let him stick me beside him. I want to have a strong hold on the career I want before I even think about dating let alone marriage.

"I will decide my future. If you are worried about my safety then become powerful enough that you won't have to worry about losing those you care about. But at this moment I can't reciprocate how you feel." (MC)

He seemed shaken as I told him something that he didn't expect.

"If I am to gain more power. Would you reconsider?" (Tatsu)

"Your social standing doesn't matter to me. I only plan on dating after I get a stable career. I like you for you but I don't plan on changing my life goals for someone else." (MC)

I don't plan on working a dead-end job and working myself to death just because of someone else. But I also don't plan on being a freeloader and doing nothing.