Two.

"Mom, please don't leave!"

"Try to understand, Namjoon. You need to run! Go before they find you!"

"I don't want to leave without you. Please, mom!"

"Shhh, it'll be okay. You have to be brave. Take care of little brother, okay? He's too young to understand anything."

The woman then runs away to the same direction the screams were coming from, leaving a small baby cub and a kid behind on their own.

"Don't leave, mom! Please, come back!"

That's when Jungkook finally wakes up from his nightmare. He's been having this same dream for months now. The dream of his mother, leaving a crying Namjoon and a sobbing Jungkook behind. It's one of the few memories Jungkook has of that night. Their mom hid them both before going back to distract the attackers. That was the only way to save Jungkook. Other than this, he just remembers the loud screams and cries of everyone, especially his mother.

He sits up on the bed, a groan leaving his mouth. This is why Jungkook hated sleeping, he would mostly end up dreaming about his crying mother every night. Even sleep didn't let him escape his terrifying fate. Letting out a sigh, he gets up from his bed, getting ready to leave. The sun was nearly out, meaning it was time for Jungkook to disappear into the forest. But this time, he won't be alone. Jimin would be joining him.

The only reason Jungkook leaves for the forest everyday was because sometimes it took his mind off of the hurtful things. Staying in the house just suffocated him even more. As he left his room, the rest of the house was dimly lit, meaning Namjoon was still sleeping. But that's normal, Namjoon is always sleeping at the time when Jungkook sneaks out.

After a few minutes, he was at his favourite spot in the forest. There was a small waterfall, a clean pond and healthy greenery surrounding it perfectly. Jungkook often visited this place, sort of calmed him down, assuming that his mother would have loved places like this. By the little information Namjoon has given to Jungkook on how their parents used to be, it was much likely that his mother would've enjoyed being here.

Namjoon told Jungkook a few things about their mother. How she was such a nice and a caring soul, always ready to help others. How she adored nature, the small garden she made herself and took care of it all by herself. The way she would always be so sweet, even when it was obvious she was hurting. But at the same time, Namjoon doesn't know much about their father either. Being the leader of Blood Shadow, he was mostly always busy with his duties and responsibilities, leaving no time for his family.

Namjoon was five years old when Jungkook was born. So Namjoon knows a lot more about their pack and their parents than Jungkook. When that horrible night happened, Jungkook was just a year old baby, Namjoon being six. And even in those six years he had with his parents, Namjoon doesn't remember much about their father like he remembers their mother. The only memory of their father was him being constantly busy.

Jungkook was still in his Golden Wolf form, staring down at his reflection in the pond water. Being the Golden Wolf, gave him the power and strength anyone would die for. But it's the same thing that kills Jungkook inside. His dark blue eyes staring back at him, as if they were mocking him. Hitting the water with his big paw, Jungkook makes the reflection disappear for the time being.

He turns back to his human form, lying down on the grass as he stares up at the sky. The sun was now peeking out, giving light to the entire forest. Jungkook wasn't a fan of sunny days, he prefers cold nights. They seem to help him relax more than daylight could ever do.

He lets out a sigh, relaxing down for a bit as he took in his surroundings. If only mother was here to see this. He was sure he would've bought his mother here everyday if she was still alive. This place would have only been known by him and his mother. But since she isn't here, no one knows about this place except Jungkook himself.