Forty Nine.

Jungkook knew if anything happens to Taehyung, he would instantly feel it as well. But til now, he just felt Taehyung giggling and enjoying. That eased him down and helped him focus on the plan. He knew Taehyung knows everything they're planning, thanks to their bond. But even if he does know everything, he knew Jungkook wouldn't let him physically get involved.

Even though Taehyung would feel everything Jungkook would go through during the battle, he knew Jungkook still wouldn't let him get involved. Firstly, because Jungkook would be too worried for his baby. Secondly, the alpha was much stronger, the chances of him getting hurt were low. Unlike Taehyung. Thirdly, if Taehyung got hurt, Jungkook wouldn't be able to fight properly since he'd get injured as well and his entire focus would be on getting Taehyung out of there.

———————————————

The sun was about to set, they spent the entire day planning the perfect battle. Right now, they were standing on the roof of the castle. They could see through the barrier, seeing an whole army of wolves all around them. Along with JiHoon. He was sitting by a tree, waiting for the barrier to go down so he could attack at any moment.

Jungkook's blood boiled at the sight of that bastard. He can't wait to get his hands on him and rip that head off that body, once and for all.

"I can hear you, you know." Taehyung speaks through their bond. He heard everything Jungkook just thought about his father.

"I know." He replied with a proud grin. He knew Taehyung didn't mind it, he could feel the relief his baby would go once they've successfully gotten rid of JiHoon.

———————————————

"Spent the entire day without me. At least you enjoyed." Jungkook whispers to his baby who was now cradled up in his lap. Taehyung couldn't help but blush. Being in Jungkook's protective arms again after the entire day was exactly what he needed.

He did enjoy with the rest of the omegas. It was Jin's idea to do something fun when the alphas were busy. And surprisingly, Taehyung enjoyed it. But he couldn't shake off the fear of knowing Jungkook would be going into battle soon. The small party was just a temporary distraction before the anxiety kicks in.

Jungkook feels the worries clouding his baby's mind. He leans down, softly pecking Taehyung's lips and that was it took for him to forget about everything else and just blush intensively.

They were sitting in the living room with everyone else. Taehyung had a great time but he didn't want to interact with anyone anymore. He wanted to stay snuggled up against his mate. Jungkook knew what he baby wanted so he excused everyone that came for Taehyung to spend more time, keeping the smaller against his chest.

"Baby, I need to tell you something." Jungkook whispers for Taehyung's ears only, the smaller just hums in response.

"We would most likely be opening the barrier tomorrow night. Everyone believes we're ready."

Taehyung tenses up at Jungkook's words, clenching on his shirt tighter. He didn't want to let go, he can't let Jungkook go in that dangerous battle field.

"Do you have to?" He whines out.

"Listen, baby. Everything will be alright. I promise." He lifts the smaller's face, meeting their eyes as he nuzzles their noses together.

"Don't forget that promise.. please."

———————————————

When night falls, everyone returned to their rooms. Taehyung was hiding in Jungkook's chest as they laid on the bed, all ready to sleep. Jungkook wasn't worried about tomorrow. He just wanted to get it over with and return back to his baby, just like he had promised Taehyung.

On the other hand, Taehyung was panicking and worrying too much. If anything happens to Jungkook, he would never forgive himself and his father. The thought of being able to feel every second of Jungkook being in the battlefield was the only thing that kept him from losing control completely.

"Good night, baby." Jungkook whispers, kissing his baby's forehead.

"Good night, Koo."