Thirty Five.

"Baby?"

Jungkook comes behind Taehyung in the room when the smaller took too long to come back. Jungkook could sense something was up. Hearing his mate's voice suddenly, Taehyung got suprised turning around to look at Jungkook with a gasp. His face showing how scared he was. Jungkook's wolf could feel Taehyung being worried.

"Koo.. I–" Taehyung couldn't finish his sentence, his eyes started to tear up. Jungkook wraps his arms around the smaller and the omega instantly hides in alpha's chest. "Shh, baby. It's okay. Just tell me what happened?"

"Father.. he linked me." Taehyung's voice was barely a mumble, but Jungkook understood it.

"What did he want?"

"He said.. he has your mother." Taehyung didn't want to tell him in case it's a lie. But he couldn't bring himself to lie to Jungkook himself.

Jungkook got tensed up at the words he heard, he couldn't believe it. His mother? But she died. He heard her screams himself, his nightmares were a constant reminder of it. How? How could JiHoon have his mother? It has to be a dirty drink to lure him in.

"Koo.. say something please." Taehyung was getting scared by the silence coming from Jungkook. What scared him more was that Taehyung couldn't read his mate's thoughts, Jungkook blocked him out.

"We should tell the others." Jungkook's voice was serious. Too many thoughts and emotions were going through him right now. If JiHoon used his mother just to lure him in, he'll kill that bastard in a second.

———————————————

"How could that be true?" Namjoon says in a weak tone. He couldn't believe it either. How was this possible? Namjoon and Jungkook were the only survivors.

Everyone was sitting in the living room again. Jimin, Jin and Taehyung on the couch. Yoongi sat on the arm rest of the couch besides Jimin. Namjoon stood by the couch while Jungkook stood in the distance from everyone, leaning his side against the couch. He had his back towards the rest.

"This is definitely a trick. We can't let him get to us using such nasty plans." Yoongi speaks up, being quite sure that this was nothing but a fake plan to capture Jungkook. Jimin and Jin agreed along, advising not to act up on this. As everyone discussed it, Taehyung's eyes stayed on Jungkook. He was getting more worried by the passing second. He couldn't bare to see his mate like that.

Jungkook feels a pair of gentle arms coming around him from behind. He didn't have to see to know who it was. It was is baby and Jungkook could tell Taehyung was really scared and worried.

"Let me back in.. please." Taehyung whines a little, wanting for Jungkook to unblock the link now. And he did, he connects them together again. He only blocked his baby out because he didn't want to worry Taehyung with his thoughts. He was thinking of murdering JiHoon afterall. But seeing the blocking hurts Taehyung so he lets the smaller read through everything in his mind.

Taehyung kept hugging his mate from behind, a few tears rolling down his cheeks when he knows exactly what Jungkook was thinking. He didn't care about JiHoon, he just didn't want his father to hurt his Jungkook.

Jungkook turns around and hugs his baby close, Taehyung nuzzling into the broad chest. "I'm sorry, baby." Jungkook whispers, kissing the smaller's forehead. Taehyung didn't have to reply, their links were fully open to each other and Jungkook could feel Taehyung was not upset at him. They stayed like this for a while, being in each other's hold, feeling and understanding their emotions. Both of them needed this, it calmed them down.

"Guys, we should tell Hyun." Namjoon speaks up, getting Jungkook's and Taehyung's attention as well. "He's helping and trusting us with his entire pack, even inviting more packs in for us. We should be honest with him and tell him what JiHoon could be planning." Everyone agreed so they decided to tell Hyun about it the first thing in the morning.

———————————————

Taehyung was feeling content now. He was snuggled up against Jungkook's chest happily. Right where he needs to be. They were in bed after dinner, cuddling each other to sleep.

"Can I come with you to the palace tomorrow, Koo?" Taehyung's voice was so cute, Jungkook could hardly say no. "Stay close to me then." It was Jungkook's wolf that spoke, immediately getting a submissive whine from Taehyung.

"Where else would I be?"

———————————————

The love birds had a good night's rest, sleeping in each other's arms. They didn't want to get out of bed. But they didn't have a choice when Namjoon kept knocking on the door. They were all heading towards the palace right now. Taehyung was snuggled up against Jungkook's side, the alpha holding the smaller closely.

Entering inside the palace, Jungkook sees there were only guards and workers in the palace now. Everyone else was training outside. They were supposed to join the training as well, but for now they need to meet Hyun.

"Welcome, dears." Hyun says, watching them in the hallway. "Not training? Something wrong?" He asks, approaching the group. "Yes. We need to tell you about something." Namjoon says, explaining everything to Hyun. While Taehyung stayed hidden in his mate's chest. Jungkook kept his protective arms around his baby, knowing these dangerous situations overwhelmed the smaller. Hiding in Jungkook's chest eased him down.

After getting to know everything, Hyun takes a few minutes to think. He gets an idea, looking over at Namjoon and Jungkook as he speaks, his tone being hopeful.

"We should plan something in return then. How about we make it seem as if Jungkook indeed was going to Blue Moon to meet his mother?"