Hybrid 1.

In a world full of hybrids that live in fear and are not accepted by humanity, you will meet seven of them.

Part 1

The terms human-animal hybrid and animal-human hybrid refer to a being that has elements of both humans and animals.

These hybrids have long existed in all social cultures (especially in mythology), and are also considered theoretically possible through scientific experimentation.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Y/N's view

Quickly, I made my way back home.

In my hand I held the umbrella which protected me from the heavy rain. It had already become dark and the wind was blowing strongly. I just wanted to get home as soon as possible.

I buried my left hand in my jacket pocket as I walked across the side of the street. Further back my house was already there and I was looking forward to it.

Walking faster and faster towards it, I noticed a man standing in my driveway with an umbrella. Who was that? And what was he doing in my driveway?

"GET OUT OF HERE YOU FILTHY BEASTS", I heard my neighbor yell as I got closer.

What? Who was he talking to? I noticed he was standing on the corner where I put my trash cans.

Quickly, I walked up to him and called out, "Mr. Kim? What are you doing here?"

My neighbor turned to me when he caught sight of me. Mr. Kim was an elderly man who lived one house away from me. We didn't have a good relationship and could never really become friends.

He thought I was a naive and reckless woman and I thought he was a cold-hearted man. Neither of us said that, but we didn't talk much. We greeted each other when we saw each other and mostly smiled at each other, though the smiles were half-hearted.

"Oh, they're finally here. Those dirty parasites have been hiding behind their garbage cans, but don't worry. Luckily I saw them get here", he spoke to me a little louder, although I understood him very well even though it was raining.

I looked at him doubtfully. I didn't believe a word he said. Surely he wanted to check my trash cans again, like last week.

No idea what he was looking for. Money, food or drugs to turn me in. In any case, I hardly believed that he had seen this by chance. I really needed to put my garbage cans in my garage or I would never have peace of mind.

But wait a minute. I was confused by his statement. Who had been hiding behind my garbage cans, please?

"What?", came from me, perplexed.

"GET OUT OF THERE NOW YOU DRECKY HYBRIDS", he yelled in the direction of the garbage cans, wanting to go in that direction.

Hybrids? Had he said there were hybrids behind my garbage cans?

Behind my garbage cans I heard noises and soft whimpering. He was scaring them. I immediately reached out and grabbed my neighbor's arm before he could walked toward them.

"You're scaring them", I then brought out seriously, still holding his forearm.

Confused, he turned his head to me and seemed slightly shocked, "What?"

I let go of his arm and repeated what I had said, "I said you are scaring them so please back off"

Now he seemed to get angry with me and hissed in annoyance, "I was just trying to help, but fine. See how you can solve your problem"

He turned his gaze to the garbage cans and then spoke warningly, "If they're still here by tomorrow, I'll call an animal control officer"

Shocked, I looked to him as he turned with his umbrella and then went home. How could a person be like that? I didn't understand.

For a moment I shook my head and turned toward the garbage cans, from where no more sounds could be heard.

I had never seen a real hybrid in my entire life. Of course in the news and on many websites, but never one in person. What should I do now? Should I just leave them alone and go home?

But what if my neighbor came again. I had to see if they were okay first. But what if they were dangerous? Unsurely, I glanced at the garbage cans and tried to spot anyone.

They had probably crawled to the very back against the wall. I wasn't sure, but in this miserable weather I couldn't bring myself to leave them alone.

Before I approached the garbage cans, I looked around the area to see if anyone was there. But the streets were empty and my neighbor disappeared into his house.

Oh well. Slowly I walked towards the garbage cans while still holding the umbrella above me. I knelt down and immediately the smell of garbage hit my nose. I wrinkled my nose. The smell was really not pleasant.

Carefully, I tried to look through the garbage cans and raised my head to do so. I pushed the left trash can a little to the side so that I had a better view.

No sooner had I moved him than I heard a persistent meowing and sounds as if someone was moving.

And indeed, further back I recognized a bunch full of black cats. At least that's what I thought, since I couldn't see much because of the darkness.

Probably my neighbor had scared them, so they had changed into their animal form. They crouched in the corner and looked at me.

With my eyes I counted them off and could count seven cats. The rain was hitting them, making their fur all wet. Somehow they looked scared, and their attitude worried me. People didn't think much of hybrids and treated them differently.

I felt sorry that they were treated this way and were now living on the street, even though some humans had created them. Such things made me angry.

Even so, two of the cats hissed at me and stood in front of the other cats, and one cat meowed for a long time. Immediately I raised my hand and stopped moving. They should not be afraid of me.

"I won't hurt you, I promise", I tried to calm them down, hoping that they would understand.

After all, they were part human, so they would have to understand me, right? Their gazes were fixed on me, and their posture had not changed. Ready to attack me, they stayed in their position.

One of them yelped, after which another cat lowered its head and licked its fur.

"I don't want to hurt you", I began to speak calmly and slowly lowered my hand, "But you'll get sick if you stay here. Because the weather is supposed to get worse later. I know you don't know me, but I don't want to leave you here alone. If you want, you can spend the night at my house. It's not big, but it's warm and comfortably. I also promise you that I won't come anywhere near you"

Slightly worried, I looked at them in turn. One cat meowed, which was followed by a second one meowing as well. The front two cats didn't hiss at me, but I could tell by their posture that they were on alert.

On the inside, I slapped myself on the head. Who could blame them? They didn't know me and should just go home with me. So I wouldn't go there either.

Sighing, I lowered my head as I realized they weren't going to follow me. I needed another idea until it came to me.

"I have a idea", it escaped me as my head snapped up.

"You don't have to come with me, but please stay here for a minute. I'll be right back", I said quickly to the cats before standing up.

A soft meow could be heard as I turned and ran towards the front door.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤