Suicide attempt 2.

You suffer from serious depression and decide to end your life.

Part 2

The term suicide describes the act or process of killing oneself, which means purposely ending ones own life.

The reasons can be very different. Often it is an escape from an insufferable situation that is felt to be hopeless, or from negative feelings.

The most common method of suicide for women and men was suicide by hanging, strangulation, or choking.

In 2021, a total of 9,215 people died by suicide in Germany. That was more than 25 people per day. Men took their own lives significantly more often than women, with around 75% of suicides committed by men. 

In Germany, suicide or attempted suicide are free of punishment. However, "helpers" who have a position of guarantee can be punished. The guarantor position is a term from criminal law.

It is a person's duty to make sure that a certain situation, for example, bodily injury, does not happen. Example: The parents do not help their drowning child on purpose.

If you know someone who is having suicidal thoughts, it is important to take the expressions seriously, talk to the person, and listen to them openly and calmly without judgment. Don't judge the person for wanting to kill themselves, and don't play it down.

In such a situation, it is especially important and necessary not to leave the affected person alone and to encourage the person to seek support. This can be, for example, the telephone counselling service, a crisis service, a doctor or a psychotherapist.

You can reach the telephone counselling service free of charge, even anonymously, around the clock on 0800 111 0 111 or the emergency service on 112.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Taehyung's view

With teary eyes, I sat on a chair.

My hands held a bottle of water while I tilted my head and looked at the floor. How I would like to get up from the chair and run out, but I could not. I didn't know where to go, which is why I was forced to wait here.

I tightened my grip on the bottle as more tears came to my eyes. They broke away from the corners of my eyes and flowed down my cheeks. My heart tightened painfully, causing me to sob once.

"Hey", I heard Jimin say softly before someone knelt on the floor in front of me.

Lifting my head slightly, I looked into Jimin's worried face. His eyes were also swollen red and his cheeks were covered with tears. I didn't realize my leg was shaking until he put his hand on my knee to calm me down.

Jimin's look became sadder as he looked at me. He lowered his gaze and looked at the full water bottle in my hands before looking back up at my face.

"You haven't been drinking anything", he said softly, though I could hear the worried undertone.

At first I swallowed down the lump in my throat before I managed to get the words out, "I'm not thirsty"

I could tell by the look on his face that he wasn't happy about it. After all, I had just passed out 20 minutes ago, but I didn't want to drink anything. The only thing I wanted at that moment was to be with Y/N.