Chapter 58

Leo's Pov:
(7:30 pm)

"Fuck" i whispered to myself looking away from Chance as he collected himself, from the excruciating pain he inflicted, Chance was sort of panting, i gulped with my eyes wide nailed onto the floor. "ok ok, i think i'm fine" Chance dramatically assured, i was still trying to comprehend what is going on with me.

I heard Chance squeal in pain, 5 minutes before he actually did.. How? It's one thing to be able to hear someone talking from miles way, but another to prevent it. I didn't know i could hear a sound before it breaks out.. And i don't think i'm responsible enough for this opportunity..

I snapped out of the trance, and twirled around looking for my phone in a panicky state, Chance was caught of guard by my stressful actions and took a step back, examining my every move, "what's gotten into you?" he slightly increased his tone, to be heard over my bashful movements, whipping the sheets, while pillows were flying in the air.

"Where's my phone?" I muttered, "it's on the night stand dude!" Chance pointed towards the direction the device laid, i jumped over the bed and grasped it, i flipped the lid up quickly dialing the number of the person i wanted to call.. "can you please let me in on what the fuck is going on!?" He shouted in worry,

His face had turned white, his red freckles were piercing through his cheeks, and his green eyes were melting into drops of fear, i turned my head and looked to the side where he stood, his feet had sunk into the floor, i stopped dialing, and scratched the back of my head with my ring finger before replying.

"you screeched when you hit your foot." i sniffed in uncertainty, studying his body language, he raised his eyebrows in question, while sticking his head out.. Still not understanding where i'm coming from. "i heard a scream and accused you of it, then you actually screamed.." my voice got quieter with each word.

This proved that Chance was right.. I was starting to adapt a new 'power', his jaw went slack as soon as i confessed, he batted his eyelashes, and tilted his head sideways, side eyeing me. "no way.. You heard it before i did it!" he whisper shouted while slapping his hand on his mouth, making his glasses bounce on his nose.

I licked my bottom teeth and shut my eyes as i exhaled.. "yes i did." i confirmed with an exaggerated sigh, "wait.. So who are you about to call..?" Chance wondered as his expression immediately changed from shocked to bothered, i took my eyes off of him to continue dialing, then when the phone number was typed i pressed the call button and raised the speaker to my ear.

(on call)

Leo: Hey..

Niki: Sup loser! (she exclaimed with a deep tone)

Leo: Struggling.. (they nervously sighed)

Niki: Who's ass do i need to beat? (she roughly questioned)

Leo: Mine.

Niki: What happened? (she puzzled)

Leo: You remember when i heard you speak.. While you weren't in the house..

Niki: And i was about to bury Chance cause i though he was eavesdropping? Yea.. (she bobbed her head)

Leo: Well it's happening a lot more frequently.. Now a days. (he gulped)

Niki: It never stopped..? (she spoke with shock)

Leo: No.. And not only can i hear someone talking from afar.. But i can hear something before it happens..

Niki: No shit..

Leo: So here's the thing.. (she takes a deep breath in) ..I don't want this ability..