Chapter 76

Leo's Pov:

"Over here!!" Jack shouted, we had climbed down the mountain, following the enormous sandy path, approximately a 25 minute distance from where Chance and I originally stood. I love rowing, it gives me peace, and it's something that causes me to focus and engage.. Just like Jenna.. I wonder what she's doing..

Jenna's Pov:

"Lower!!" Alana whined, noticing as i cant stretch out my legs any further.. I wonder the fuck why. An exaggerated sigh left my mouth, as i gave up sitting back down, "i can't" i muttered, side eyeing her in frustration, "since when!?" she puzzled, i took one last glance at the annoyed red head, then tried to calm down.. I don't want to tell them..

Leo's Pov:

"Push! Push!" Jack instructed Chance, the boy settled the boat onto the water, as he stood behind the dork, doing nothing, "Jesus i'm not having a baby!" Chance sweated, as he was bent over, and his knees shook, "here let me help you.." i insisted, leaping forward to help my friend balance the boat.

Jenna's Pov:

"What's up with you?" Jess walked up to me, after i left to grab a water bottle from the cabin's entrance, i took a sip, then sealed it tightly, gulping the water down my throat as i hesitated my words, "nothing." i shook my head avoiding eye contact, she narrowed her eyes in uncertainty..

"Yea as if-" she jostled, swaying her way into my thoughts, "Jenna.. I told you i'm pregnant, what is it that you can't tell me?" she questioned, crossing her arms and shifting her weight to her left leg, "i don't think i'm ready to share this yet.." i wiped my forehead from stress, trying my best to avoid this conversation.

Leo's Pov:

All three of us sat on the boat, i was watching Jack wave over the fourth person, "who's that?" Chance whispered to me, "i don't know.." i shrugged, the captain handed out our paddles, they were connected, a long metal stick, with wooden pieces at the ends, "how the fuck do we do this exactly?" Chance worried..

Jenna's Pov:

"Are you into Chance?" i put fourth, appearing to be interested in her response, not that i wasn't.. However i was clearly searching for a subject changer, "what?" Jess raised her brow, seeming a bit nervous, "No.. No." she changed her stance three times while answering.

"Right.." I teased with a knowing grin, she scoffed, "Jenna i- You know what.. I'll tell you only if you do" she raised her chin, feeling proud of the loophole she discovered, trying to pry me open, "what are we? 6th grade? Come on spill!" i grasped her wrist and shook it, she rolled her eyes with a heavy sigh.

"Ok.. Well-" she began, as my eyes expanded, i was so excited to hear, but all of a sudden we heard Alana's voice come from afar, which interrupted Jessica's speech, "Guys! We don't have much time till lunch!!" she reminded, Jess had twisted her head to view her, as i tilted my head to the left, to peek behind Jess.

I shut my eyes in defeat, i really want to know.. Chance is a sweet boy, very nullable, and innocent, he doesn't know shit about romance, but the kid definitely has it in him, i don't want his dreams to be ruined, or the perfect image of love to be destroyed. All this from the fact that Jess never settles.. She's a player most times.

Leo's Pov:

"How come you picked him? There's too much weight now.. We'll probably sink.." a black haired girl commented on Chance's body weight, creases appeared on my forehead, as i took offense in that, "sorry what?" i turned my ear to her, she looks like one of those ratchet girls, that walk down the halls chewing gum overly loud, and flip their hair every 2 seconds.

"Does he even know what he's doing?"
she clacked her red nails, sassing me, "do you?" i threw back starting to feel an itch of irritation, she grimaced looking back at me, "ok can we just start?" Jack implied, i glared over at Chance to find him upset, "no" i strictly denied, there's no way i'm putting my best friend through this.