Chapter 71

Jenna's Pov:

After Leo put my clothes on, which were his, we laid next to each other, i was laying on my side facing them, i had my elbow stuck on the pillow, with my hand on the side of my head, holding me up, and Leo was laying on his back, looking up at the ceiling, with his fingers interwined into a fist on his stomach..

"what are you thinking about..?" i asked, "a lot.." they replied, and it's probably the first time they've responded honestly, i was a bit puzzled by this, and kind of afraid to ask why.. What if they didnt like it, what if im developing strong and deep emotions for someone that just wanted a hookup? I need to discuss this..

"is something throwing you off?" i hypothesized, he sighed while his eyes remained glued on the ceiling, "well.. Yea" he hardly opened up, i frowned upon this, feeling my chest getting stiffer, "do you wanna talk about it.." i worried, Leo licked his lips, then shifted to his side, to get a better look at me..

I was starting to get a bit stressed, however not enough to show, i would have never guessed that i'd be in this situation.. I stared into her eyes, waiting for a word to come out of her mouth.. She was looking elsewhere, avoiding eyecontact. "im just a little skeptical.." she mumbled in uncertainty, "in terms of.." i pushed for the reply.

"in terms of us." he spat, as his face started to go numb again, i felt my heart drop once i noticed the wrinkles from their eyes disappear, and the bright expression fade into a dark one, i sensed myself getting ready to cry, god i hate when they display that unbothered look on their damn face in serious conversations.

I sighed with pain in my lungs, "are you ok..?" he questioned, raising himself up slightly, "yes" i turned away, "Jenna-" they tried to reach out to me but i stood up to distance myself, i started pacing around the bed, and rubbing my eyes, "we need to talk." i clapped my hands together, as my breath trembled.

"yes i know, im trying to talk to you.. Can you please sit back down.." she implied, then i took a second before sitting back down on the matress, i crossed my legs, and folded my arms on my lap, "tell me.." i gave the green light, feeling anxiety build up in my thorax, Leo was looking between my eyes, then down to my lips.

"i just wanna make sure we dont desire different things.." he started, "what do you desire..?" i asked with fear, my palms had started to get sweaty, "you.." his bottom lip quivered as he whispered, "i desire you Jenna, i want to spend time with you, do stuff with you, make unforgettable memories with you.." he sniffled as his eyes glistened.

My eyes widened, and my lips parted, i felt my breath get smoother as i exhaled, and goosebumps creep up on my spine, as butterflies fluttered all over my stomach, is he gonna cry..? "i want to do things ive never done or never thought of doing with you, i wanna be happy with you, i wanna be scared with you, i wanna be sad, all with you.." they waved their hands around while sitting up.

"i wanna take care of you, and be next to you, hold your hand in any situation you're in, i want to hear about your day, and your struggles, im so open around you, i feel like a completely different person, i feel like i can breath, and act without judgement, you make me feel loved, and appreciated, without even trying" the first tear rolled down his cheek right then.

I was shocked.. I couldn't believe these phrases and feelings were coming out of Leo.. LEO, i felt my own eyes starting to burn, when i blinked a tear popped out unexpectedly, i pushed my hand onto my mouth in disbelief, as they continued to describe what their intentions are with me, and frantically looking around the room, while ranting..

"i have never felt like this, i never knew what a crush is, or what finding someone gorgeous looked like, i never wanted a relationship, or someone in general, i never thought about sex, i didnt even know the meaning of the word horny!?" they scoffed, as i softly chuckled through my tears, i was very emotionally touched by all of this,

"me too.." i lightly wept, "what.." Leo glanced at me as hope sparkled in their eyes, "me too, i always found relationships and sex disgusting, romance in general just wasn't my thing, i always avoided dates, and people that flirted with me, i've never found anyone attractive.." i began as i was sort of struggling to inhale, and the tears continued..

"when i first saw you walk down that cobblestone path.. I completely zoned out, everything around you blurred.. I knew then something was wrong, and i felt terrified because i've never gotten these types of senses before, butterflies? Chills? Blushing!?" i blurted, wiping my face, and eyes so i could see better.

Leo was listening very carefully, as he nodded in between my sentences, he looked so understanding and heartening, it felt so good to finally confess, "whenever you're around me, i feel like my guardian angel's beside me, the warmth and comfort you bring out of me is something i thought only my mother could offer me" i silently sobbed

"i like you.." Leo whispered, i could hardly make out the words, but if it's what i think it is, my heart is gonna explode, "you.." i tried to put out, but my breath cut short, i was nervous to say it.. "i like you Jenna.." he spoke up.. I felt more tears build up, as my chest pumped in a rapid pace, i huffed, i had no words in display.

I started crying out of bliss, "i like you too" i wept, Leo was also silently sobbing, something i never thought i'd see, Leo jumped forward and hurdled me into their arms, they squeezed me, and held me real tight, my face was buried in their soft chest, they gave me a peck on top of my head, "you have no idea how happy i am right now" he mumbled to me.

my warm tears fell on his pecks, i looked up at them, "i'm serious, i don't want this to be a fling or just a one time thing-" i started to rapidly spit out, when Leo shoved their face into mine, and kissed me passionately, when he retracted his head, he looked into my eyes, "me neither.." he nodded

(time skip 1 hour)

After a long heartfelt conversation, of discussing what we'd like in a partner, and more of our intentions, we were starting to feel sleepy, with a few yawns, and rubs in the corners of our eyes now and then, we decided to rest, i cuddled up into his arms, as he spooned me, they petted my hair until my eyes fell heavier and heavier.. Then i fell asleep