Chapter 78

Leo's Pov:

My face tickled from happiness when i saw Jenna above me.. I wasn't expecting to see her, which made it even better, i was also happy to see that small interaction between Jessica and Chance, and if i saw that right.. She was blushing.. They stood a little too far to be able to spot the details, however Jess appeared to be very intrigued..

As we were hiking back up to the field, a sudden thought over took me.. 'did they watch us row?' i asked myself, i squinted my eyes, contemplating wether they saw us or not, Chance was right beside me, sweating and making his breaths very audible.. "Dude.. One- one sec.." he grumbled, bending over and positioning his hand on his knees to hold himself up.

I paused to wait for him, "you good?" i checked, he did really good today, i felt so high spirited, teaching Chance my favorite sport and being able to do it with him, he caught on to it quicker than i did, and the fact that he knew it would end up in exhaustion but did it anyway, makes my heart smile..

My story with Chance is as heartwarming. We've been classmates since kindergarten, but one day in elementary school he was having a hard time with the typical bullies, back then i hadn't lost the ability to express myself, i was full of energy and joy, making all kinds of funny faces, smiling and laughing 24/7, i was the 'happy kid'

Chance was always the quiet, shy, nerd of the class, very intelligent, always knew the answers to any questions on any subject, and still does.. It was recess, and Chance was having lunch, sitting on a low concrete wall, eating a banana, kids always made fun of him, calling the boy gay, when he didn't even know his sexual preferences yet..

He just seemed it, sometimes his feminine side would be too obvious, although it has faded away as time passed on, we were 5th graders, and it was a very inappropriate situation to tease him about. Bullies picked up on that matter rather quick, of course they wouldn't lose out on it..

The dork was trying to eat in peace, but greatly failed to do so, they came up to him and started to comment on his specific choice of fruit that day, calling it 'gay' and mentioning how he does it for 'practice', letting it be known that he will be shoving other things down his throat, Chance was very heart broken in that moment,

Wondering what he did wrong when all he was doing is eat.. He ignored them like his mother always advised him to do, but the group of intruders didn't stop there.. They went as far as slapping him in the face and pulling his hair.. Asking him if he 'likes it' and being loud, making their actions seen so other students could laugh along,

I was a few feet away from the spot Chance sat at, kicking a half full water bottle around with my other friends, i heard the fuss, and as soon as i watched the bully raise his hand, i started running towards them, it took me a little while to reach them, hence why they had time to pull his hair right after smacking him..

When i got close enough i tackled the first boy, leaving him on the ground, and starting to chase the second brat, the rest started to run away, as i was breathing heavily through my clenched teeth, hissing at the group, and demanding them to basically fuck off, i always viewed Chance as a delicate person.

Even before this awful moment happened, i would always notice how he sat in the corner of room, nervous and terrified of other's opinions, he still is.. But thank fully not as much.. That's what made me outraged that day, the fact that they were picking on an innocent boy. Of course Chance couldn't finish his food after that,

So i sat next to him, and held my palm out, implying on him lending me the fruit, he did just that shakily placing the banana in my hand, he had only taken two bites, so i peeled the whole thing, and separated it in half, i gave him his chewed half and said "watch what i do and do it.." then i snapped a piece of the top, and threw it in my mouth..