Chapter 2: Accompany Her To The Hospital

Arya nodded slightly as she lowered her gaze and took another sip of tea. She thought for a moment before she decided to plainly explain,

"When I was younger, because she was worried about my teeth, my mother limited my intake of sweet foods. When I grew older, I became used to it and my taste has always veered that way."

Xavier smiled. Just as he was about to say something, his handphone by his side suddenly buzzed again. He looked apologetically at Arya before picking it up to answer the call.

The call was from Bella Knight, who was asking Xavier whether he had made it on time for the appointment.

When he heard Bella Knight's anxious tone, Xavier could not help but frown. He listened to Bella Knight grumble for a while before he answered exhaustedly and indifferently,

"I'm already meeting her. We'll talk again when I get back."

He silently hung up and then looked at the person opposite him. He watched her with her teacup in a hand as her apathetic eyes gazed at the gloomy sky outside the window. The speakers started to play some familiar tunes —

Maybe love blinds us;

It's a passion that makes one undaunted by dangers...

Who did love captivate?

Who surrendered to love, invading a loneliness besieged by the blaze?

If the warmth of a kiss can conquer resentment...

A cool wind blew in from the window, the chilliness abruptly invading their moment of silence. Arya could not help but shiver slightly. She subconsciously clasped both her hands together, but just as she released them, she heard a loud crash. A scorching heat burned the back of her hand. In an instant, she felt her wrist being pulled away by a large hand.

"Careful."

His concerned tone revealed sensitivity.

At that moment, Arya also retrieved her gaze. Then, she realized that the back of her hand was scalded a little by the spilled tea. A dimness flashed in her still eyes as she felt embarrassed. She wanted to hide her hands, but before she could move, a pure white handkerchief was slowly extended to her.

She hesitated for a moment, then slowly accepted it. She lightly wiped the tea that stained the back of her hand.

"Thank you."

Once again, she thanked him softly and an apologetic smile spread across her beautiful little face.

"Did you get hurt?" He frowned and looked at her slightly reddened hand as he asked.

Arya lightly shook her head. The light in her eyes seemed to be quite faint, yet she smiled and responded with some difficulty,

"No worries. I'll just go back and ice it."

"What's so interesting about the sky, so much so that it made you this absent-minded?"

There was a glow in Xavier's eyes as he nonchalantly looked outside the window that Arya had gazed out of earlier. What entered his line of sight was the murky sky. It was boundlessly grey. The cold breeze that entered through the window seemed to bring some humidity, and one could vaguely see the drizzle that fell.

"I actually don't like to watch this kind of sky. The dripping rain makes me a little uncomfortable." Arya lightly covered her scorched hand and then followed his gaze and sighed softly,

"It seemed like spring for New York City has come especially early this year. It isn't even Spring Festival yet and the weather's already like this."

"Mmm... Earlier, when I passed by the plaza, I heard them say that Spring is beginning in another two days," Xavier responded, and then abruptly turned away. He was about to pick his teacup up when he saw her still holding the back of her hand. His huge hand suddenly crossed over and pulled her other hand that was trying to cover up. He immediately caught sight of her angry red skin on her hand...