Chapter 84: The World Changes No Matter What

Suddenly, his face darkened and he stopped talking.

Arya did not want to force him, so she just nodded.

"Sure."

She lowered her head and ate the meal in silence. His quiet eyes stared at her face as if he could feel a sense of distance between them. Holding her cold hands, he said quietly,

"Arya, I will tell you about it once I figure out how to tell you..."

She was stunned for a moment when she heard him. She raised her head slightly and looked at his hand holding hers. After a while, she said,

"Everyone has memories they aren't willing to talk about. I won't force you to tell me about it. Don't worry. I'll respect your wishes."

It seemed that she did not understand him. He had never told her anything he was troubled by as well. Even though she did not ask about them, she still cared about him, after all...

A while later, she withdrew her hands quietly and continued with her meal without looking at him.

His eyes dimmed and he just stared at her for a long while.

...

They did not say anything at all. After they cleaned up and went to bed, it was past midnight.

Arya went to bed first. She was sleeping with her back facing Xavier's usual spot.

Xavier frowned a little as he looked at her beside him on the bed. After a while, he went under the quilt and then put his arms over her waist. She struggled a little as his deep voice reached her ears.

"What's wrong with you?"

"I want to sleep." She glared at him.

He tightened his arm and locked her down, staring at her for some time before taking a deep breath.

"Sleep then."

"How do I sleep like this?"

"Shut up. If you're not happy, then do something else!" He said quietly.

Of course, Arya knew what this something else he mentioned was. Her glaring eyes were nearly blazing as she punched him several times out of anger, but he just let her do whatever she wanted.

"Dead pigs don't feel pain... Mmm!"

"You asked for it. I wanted to let you off, but you just had to make me do it!"

The man finally pounced onto her and drowned her in an instant.

...

The next morning, at Hospital.

Victoria's room was remarkably crowded early in the morning. Someone had spread the news of her pregnancy and many reporters waited outside the room to ask about Victoria's condition.

When Madison brought gifts over, they almost could not make it inside the room. The crowd assumed that Victoria's baby was Ethan's child when they saw Madison.

Thanks to the hospital's security team, the crowd soon dispersed.

Inside Victoria's superior patient room, she was resting while Layla was taking care of her.

Madison ordered her servant to put the stuff on the bedside drawer. She stood on the other end of the bed with a gleaming face, but at the same time, her eyes looked conflicted.

"Victoria, those scandals..." Madison started to ask her. This issue was not yet resolved and there were still reporters around. She had been calling Victoria for a long time, but always could not get through, plausibly to avoid these complications.