Chapter 79: It's Fine As Long As She's Fine With Him

It was already late at night when they arrived back at Maple Residence. It was hazy outside with cold weather and it actually hurt a little when the icy cold breeze assaulted their faces.

Arya closed the half-opened window before she checked through the fridge and storeroom to see what they needed. After that, she called Emma to get them to go over earlier to clean up and only went upstairs after finishing all of that.

The man was playing Starcraft after he showered. She could hear the theme music of the game from far away. Upon seeing the focused look on his face, she decided to leave him alone and went into the bathroom for a bath instead.

As usual, he had prepared the water for her after he finished.

When Xavier went back into the bedroom, she was done bathing and was flipping through some blueprint-like documents on the bed. He switched off the lights and the bedroom went dim. Her focus broken, Arya suddenly lifted her head.

He went beside her and grabbed the blueprints from her to study them with the dim wall light. They were documents of the South River project. He sighed before leaving them on the chair aside.

"You must be really motivated to read these in the middle of the night."

He slipped beneath the blanket. Before Arya could react, his long arms wrapped around her and his hoarse voice reached her.

"Since you're so motivated, why don't we have some fun ourselves?"

Arya was stunned for a moment. His pleasant fragrance made her lose herself again. Suddenly, her restraints were removed as he pressed down onto her. His cold kiss accurately landed on her collarbone...

She took a deep breath and wanted to say something before, but she now forgot all about it. She noticed that she had become less and less resistant to him. Unable to help herself, she was getting more and more used to him sleeping beside her.

Sometimes, when she woke up during the night, without even looking, she would unconsciously reach out to the side until she touched his body, and her tightened chest would relax after she knew that he was still beside her. Then, she would continue sleeping as she held his hand.

Arya did not realize that Xavier was like a drug to her. As days went by, she was slowly getting more and more addicted to him, and it would be too late to stop when she recognized it.

After a while, she relaxed and took off his clothes with her slender arms. She then asked quietly beside his ears,

"Have you called Mother?"

"I'll call her tomorrow. Focus now, Missus!" He said with an uneven tone, then...

...

They only stopped around midnight and she slept away soon afterward. It was near noon when she woke up the next day. Things were pretty happening downstairs when she came down after washing up. Daniel, Bella, Michael, and Olivia were all present. However, what surprised Arya was that even Robert was there. To her disappointment, Arianna was nowhere to be seen.

Robert was talking to Xavier on the veranda and he nodded from time to time, appearing to be in agreement with what Xavier was saying.

Emma and the others were working in the kitXavier while Bella and Olivia were looking at a piece of traditional watercolour art together. It seemed like Bella had painted it herself.

"Arya, I heard from Xavier that you're handling the South River project. Is that true?" Michael asked Arya as she sat down on the sofa.

Arya nodded. "Yes, Father."