Chapter 83: Pregnant

Layla felt pained looking Victoria. She was reminded of her past self when she saw the happily married Benjamin and Arianna. Victoria was still her daughter after all. She was not wrong to fight for her own happiness since everyone had that right, did they not?

Victoria was really exhausted. Her face looked pale and her bright self was nowhere to be seen. Moreover, Layla noticed that Ethan had not been at West Park lately!

She could already sense that something was not right between Victoria and Ethan, so she had come over to ask her about it. However, she did not expect to bump into such a scene here. Looking at these photos, Arya and Ethan...

"This..."

Layla looked at Victoria in doubt and was surprised about the photos.

Victoria's voice became hoarse from all the crying. As she was about to explain, suddenly the door opened from the outside.

Layla turned over to the door as Victoria sniffed and raised her head. The person who appeared before them was Ethan's personal assistant, Secretary!

"Mrs. Johns, Ms. Victoria!"

Secretary came inside with a large envelope in his hand.

"Secretary? Why are you here? Where's CEO Ethan?" Layla asked.

Secretary greeted Layla with a smile, but he then stopped before Victoria. Stealing a glance at the photos on the ground, he frowned when he saw the people in the photos, but he quickly averted his gaze.

"Secretary, Ethan..." Victoria wiped off the tears on her face and trailed off.

Secretary bowed slightly and handed the envelope to Victoria as he said quietly,

"Ms. Victoria, CEO Ethan went overseas to work and will only be back in a few days. He asked me to hand you this document. He'll discuss the marriage contract with you again when he returns..."

"What? What does he mean by that? Discuss the marriage contract? What is Ethan trying to do?" Layla's eyes widened when she heard Secretary, she stared at him,

"You're saying that Ethan is trying to cancel the marriage contract?"

"Mrs. Johns, CEO Ethan will do his best to compensate Ms. Victoria. It's chaotic all over right now. The Martinez Corporation's share price is going down. This might be a temporary solution. Please understand! CEO Ethan is really worn out from what happened lately. It's already tough enough to help Ms. Victoria secure the collaboration with Smiths Corporation," Secretary explained.

"Did you say that Ethan has secured the collaboration with Smiths Corporation? They're not going to withdraw?"

Layla's eyes suddenly brightened!

Secretary nodded. "CEO Ethan put in his best effort for Ms. Victoria's sake. Ms. Victoria, CEO Ethan said he gave you a choice, and since you made your choice, he'll respect it. He hopes that you can be well on your own in the future. This document is a contract with Smiths Corporation. The filming can start any time after they change the female lead role!"

Victoria's tears started to flow again. She dragged Secretary's arm as he was about to leave after giving her the document. She cried,

"Wait! Secretary! Ethan wouldn't do this to me. Please tell him that this is really the last time, alright? He's not answering my calls and he's not at home. I don't know where he is. Secretary, can you please tell him for me? I don't want to cancel our marriage contract. I don't want to..."

"Ms. Victoria, you've made your choice. Why do you have to give CEO Ethan such a hard time? All these years, CEO Ethan has put up with you, yet you... I'm afraid CEO Ethan has made up his mind this time. He also hopes that you can hand back the key to his villa... If you're unhappy, he can give you an amount of money as compensation."