Chapter 63: Trick

Arya frowned when she heard Reena's words. A cold light flashed through her eyes and she went silent for a moment before asking,

"How do you guys know that she did it on purpose?"

Reena laughed. "It's so obvious in the close-up photo! We aren't blind. If it were not for your quick reaction, your dress would've been ruined but, Director Johns, you were really beautiful that night. Some of our colleagues took pictures of you and saved it as their phone wallpaper. You're really inspirational! Also, we know how your personality is... We'll all support you till the end. Now, no one knows that was you anyway..."

Arya listened quietly as Reena blabbered on. Soon, she apologetically stopped talking after realizing she had been talking non-stop.

"I'll get back to work then, Director. Whatever you asked me to do will be completed soon!" Reena left the room then.

Arya switched on her laptop after Reena left and logged onto Weibo...

After looking through her work for a while, her frown grew deeper. Following a moment of hesitation, she grabbed her phone and gave Xavier a call.

Xavier was monitoring the share market when he received Arya's call.

"What's up?" His calm voice reached her ears.

"Did you see the official Weibo of our company? Victoria's incident seems to have caused a big stir. There are many comments on our Weibo now. I'm worried that the company's image will be affected. It's possible that she might use this news to raise her popularity. After all, it's a pretty common trick within the entertainment industry," Arya replied him with a slightly grim tone.

"What are you worried about? The company's image isn't going to break so easily because of a minor character. Wait until people see our results in the new share market. Everyone will understand." Xavier was calm as usual. He was not anxious about it at all. Sometimes even she had to admit his composed attitude was really impressive.

"But if they..." Just as Arya still wanted to say something else, Xavier interrupted her,

"Ignore it. Do whatever is your responsibility, alright?"

Arya was at a loss for words when she heard his indifferent tone of voice. She took a deep breath and said,

"Okay, then. I'm just reminding you about it. I hope we don't make any loss out of this."

"A person that can outwit me hasn't appeared yet. Just wait and see if you don't believe me." He let out a quiet laugh before hanging up the call.

Arya put her hand on her forehead as she looked at the dark screen. With the doubts in her mind cleared away, she closed the Weibo window and opened the documents on the South River Project, starting another new work day.

At the same time, in the CEO office of Johns Media.

Kristina was sitting before her desk with Layla standing beside her. The two of them were looking at the computer screen together, their expressions terrible.

"Mother, what should we do? Look at the comments on Weibo and these newspapers! This matter is getting more and more out of hand. Some media companies have called us to ask for clarification on what happened. I didn't let Victoria come to the office this morning."

Layla looked at the newspaper in her hand and read through its contents, her eyebrows furrowing as her face seemed distressed.

"If Benjamin finds out about this, he'll be furious. I asked Victoria about what happened, but she refused to tell me. Just by looking at the Weibo and the photo, it's obvious that that witch Arya was trying to defame Victoria! And yet, Victoria refuses to defend herself!"