Chapter 71: Johns Media Stakeholders Meeting Part-2

Johns Media Culture Media Company fell into an anxious state.

After the press conference yesterday, the crowd of annoying reporters vanished, but because of the stakeholders' meeting that very day, there was no time to rest at all.

At the moment, inside the CEO office of Johns Media.

Kristina was sifting through the documents for the meeting prepared by her secretary while Layla and Victoria were sitting on the sofa, drinking coffee.

Layla looked at the tablet in her hand. There were still all sorts of comments on Weibo, so she reminded Victoria worriedly,

"Victoria, lay low for a while. Try not to garner too much attention to yourself. We're not totally safe from the news yet. Be careful. Arya really got us this time."

Victoria stopped her movements to turn over to Layla and nod.

"I got it. I'll be careful."

"Don't worry. We've taken on several big projects this year, in which Smiths and the Martinez Corporation invested, and a large portion at that. Your popularity will surely shoot up, and you've never let us down before, have you?"

Layla comforted Victoria when she saw the sadness in her eyes.

That land was Ethan's engagement gift to Victoria. Besides being highly valuable, it meant a lot to her as well. She wanted to make a trade with Arya, but in the end, the latter made her hand it out without getting anything in return. Furthermore, she even had to spend another few million on it.

She really suffered a huge loss this time while Arya remained triumphant!

"Mmm, I know. I won't let everyone down. It'll be fine, Mother!"

Arya smiled as she turned toward Kristina.

"Grandmother, haven't you found out who's been stocking up our shares in secret yet?"

"Hmph, those cunning old foxes! I only know someone bought if off from them, but I still haven't found out who the person is. Nevertheless, we'll know very soon!"

Kristina's expression darkened when this matter was mentioned.

"Well... Then, if the person really has Sister's documents, what should we do?" Victoria looked at Kristina worriedly.

Kristina paled. The recent bout of incidents had been nothing short of chaos. She never expected Arya would become like this. In the past, she would just accept whatever was thrown at her, but her temperament got sharper after working for several years.

"I'll just have to figure it out." Kristina took a deep breath, her eyes seemed sharp as ever.

"I cannot let her threaten Johns Media with that document."

"Actually, Grandmother can try to convince Grandfather to talk to Sister. She has always listened to Grandfather. Besides, she can have a nice, long talk with Grandfather. Wouldn't that make things easier? I believe Grandfather won't let Sister sell it to just anyone, so, Grandmother, we..." Victoria said cautiously.

Kristina's expression froze before she sighed, "Your grandfather's still blaming me for that matter. How can I convince him? Plus, the document last time... Victoria, don't bother your Grandfather on this. We had an agreement before."

"But..." Victoria still wanted to say something, but Layla stopped her. It was obvious that the elder did not seem pleased.

"It's almost time. Most of the stakeholders should be present already. Let's go."

Kristina closed the document in her hand and then walked out while Layla and Victoria followed her.

Inside the huge meeting room, most of the seats were occupied except for several seats in front.