Chapter 81: Love No Longer

Victoria cried until both her eyes swelled. She lifted a hand to cover her face as she watched Ethan disappear, leaving behind an empty staircase. Some time had passed before she turned to leave in a daze.

However, just as she stepped out of Ethan's villa, her red eyes suddenly flashed with a coldness. Her face was gloomy as the sky before a storm and she whipped her phone out to swiftly made a call.

...

On the other end, Ethan had booked Victoria a flight ticket at 9 a.m. the next day to San Francisco. When Secretary delivered the San Francisco villa keys to West Park, he saw a huge group of reporters outside, so he entered from the back door.

Secretary handed the keys to Victoria as he said in a heavy tone,

"Miss Victoria, these are the keys to the villa in San Francisco that CEO Ethan is handing to you. We've already prepared everything over there. CEO Ethan would like you to stay there for a period of time until things subside here before you return. He has called Miss Evelyn, and she'll accompany you to go over tomorrow. Just treat it as a relaxing vacation! CEO Ethan will send someone to fetch you tomorrow. He also told me to pass you a message that he hopes that you can think about him... If you can't let go of Johns Media, he will help you out one last time for the sake of friendship, Miss Victoria, but..."

Victoria felt herself stiffen. Gaping stunned at the keys that Secretary handed her, her face was exceptionally pale with mixed emotions. She did not reach out to take the keys for a long while.

When Secretary saw her reaction, he breathed in and then put the keys onto the table beside Victoria.

"Miss Victoria, actually, CEO Ethan has been completely worn out mentally and physically over your issues recently. I really hope that you can consider it for his sake. It's not easy to have reached this stage. CEO Ethan says he's very tired..."

"I'll go back now and I'll leave the keys here. I hope that I'll see you at the airport tomorrow morning at half-past 8 in the evening. Miss Evelyn and I will be waiting for you there!" Secretary confirmed before turning to leave the room.

Bam!

When she heard the door close, Victoria snapped back to her senses. She stared at the keys before her and her eyes instantly shifted as she clenched her hands into fists. Her face struggled with indecision.

Ethan was forcing her to choose!

Him or Johns Media?

In such a period of turmoil, Grandmother had already decided to let her take over Johns Media. If she could pull Smiths Corporation and the Martinez Corporation in, then all those shareholders would have to give in to her. Arya could forget about taking advantage of this loophole in Johns Media. Furthermore, she might even beat Arya. However, if she just left Johns Media behind, how would she know if those shareholders would rebel? When that happened, they might even need to choose a new CEO under pressure...

How can she just give up at such a time?

Victoria hesitated.

...

It seemed as if this was within Ethan's expectations. When she received Secretary's call after 9 p.m., he could not hold back the bitter smile on his face.

"CEO Ethan, Miss Evelyn and I kept waiting for Miss Victoria here. Sadly, she didn't come and the flight has taken off..." Secretary's tone was heavy on the other end as he revealed disappointment that could not be disguised.

He hesitated for a moment before suggesting,

"CEO Ethan, how about we book the next flight out? Miss Evelyn and I can personally pick her up."