Chapter 56: Glamorous Appearance Part 2

When she stood beside Aaron, they looked well matched with each other.

In the blink of an eye, Mia had already let go of her hand clinging onto Aaron's arm and walked up to Arya. When she saw that Arya was still in her black formal suit, she immediately frowned.

"It's already this hour, but you're still dressed like that?"

Arya laughed out loud and put her phone away on the side. Aaron smiled and nodded at Arya before walking over to greet Vice President.

"Are you going to just attend the event like this? Everyone knows tonight's practically a competition of who looks the best, and you're dressed like this! What would Master Knight think? Be careful of the beautifully dressed women waiting for their chance to get close to Master Knight. I heard that there'll even be a dance floor later!"

Mia pulled Arya aside as she showed her long gown off.

"Look at me. Even I changed into this. In fact, Victoria and Ethan are coming over tonight as well, aren't they? Aren't you going to grab the opportunity to step on them and help me stave this anger off for me?"

Arya then could not help but be slightly distracted. She fell silent for a moment then helplessly waved the phone in her hand and answered calmly,

"I was so busy that I forgot. I was just about to call you and ask for you to pick a dress for me, but time flew by pretty quickly. It's almost half past 3, and you and Aaron are already here."

Mia was speechless. She could only scratch her head and could not help but be driven slightly mad.

"I'm so done with you. You're so dense! Fine, fine, I'll accompany you to go take a look now. Isn't Fashion City just nearby? Let's go over to take a look first. Let's go!"

As she said this, she pulled Arya along with her.

"Never mind. There's no need. I'll just go myself. The banquet is going to start soon. You two go in first. Otherwise, you won't be able to find anyone later. I'll have to go backstage later on as well. Reena, please bring Mr. Aaron and Miss Mia in."

Arya did not wait for Mia to say anything further. She just waved for her assistant, Reena, to bring them in.

"Mia, Aaron, you two follow Reena in and find a good spot first. I'll look for you later."

"Mr. Aaron, Miss Mia, this way." Reena smiled as she greeted them.

"Arya..."

...

Mia wanted to say something, but Aaron held her back.

"Arya, then we'll go in first. See you later!"

Arya nodded. "Let's go in!"

Aaron dragged Mia and followed Reena in.

As she watched their figures disappear past the door, Arya breathed in slightly. She stole a glance at the time on her phone and habitually reached out to cover her forehead with her hand. She was thinking about whether or not to rush out to search for a gown when a voice interrupted her thoughts —

"Director Johns!" It was Rick.

His sudden voice made Arya look up abruptly too. She looked at Rick who was walking towards and could not help but be slightly shocked.

Since Rick was here, did that mean that Xavier had come too?

"Secretary Rick?" Arya responded, subconsciously peeking behind him, yet she did not see signs of the man. She could not help but feel puzzled when she turned to Rick.