Chapter 22: Silly Foodie

"I think my injury is better now. It's close to the year end and the company's going to go on a break. A lot of work has piled up in the office so I want to go back to work tomorrow. May I submit the proposal for the South River project later?"

Arya frowned and looked at him as he remained silent. She then said,

"The year-end holiday runs for about half a month and the team is still in a mess at the moment..."

Xavier did not reply to her immediately. He transferred the fried eggs with tomatoes from the pan to a plate. As he did not look at her the whole time, Arya only got more and more anxious.

Apart from being worried about the piling up work, she really disliked always staying at home. It made her feel empty and she had an odd sense of suffocation.

"Xavier..."

Arya rapped her knuckles on the cool kitXavier counter when he did not reply.

"Shouldn't you be happy that your company has such a dedicated employee like me?"

"The South River project can be delayed, but are you sure that you'll be fine?"

Xavier glanced at her. He knew what she was thinking about.

"You can stay at home to prepare the project. I've asked Vice President to take care of your work for now, so you don't have to worry. If you push further, then I'll take the South River project back from you."

Directly, he was declining Arya's request.

Arya felt defeated when he left no room for discussion. She glared at him unhappily as the smell of the food entered her nostrils. Without caring about elegance, she pinched a piece of the omelet with her fingers and chomped it down.

Xavier threw her an odd look.

"What are you looking at? It's plain and not tasty at all!" She then picked up a slice of tomato and ate it while looking pointedly at Xavier.

Xavier was unfazed. This woman would become unreasonable when she started to get mad. She would definitely mess with anyone if one got serious with her.

He just shot her a glance and then continued making the second dish.

"I met Mia today. She's my best friend and has always taken care of me. I told her about us being married. Do find some time so you two can meet."

Arya stopped making a fuss when he did not say anything. In her head, she did not forget about Mia's reminder which she had repeated over and over again.

"Does she want to see who's so unlucky to have married to a silly foodie?"

Xavier threw her a glance as he continued to fry the potato slices in the pan.

Arya sulked when she heard him. "Why're you making it sound like a bad deal marrying me? I'm a modern lady... A fair, rich, and beautiful woman! Who are you calling a silly foodie?"

"You need to train longer to lure me into your trap, but it won't ever work on me." Xavier scanned Arya with his eyes as if he was looking at an idiot.

He was the one who would trap others. Whoever could trap him?

A fair, rich, and beautiful woman?

Well, if she was serious, she was pretty cute.

"I'm stating a fact. I was the school idol back then, and now I have a stable job with income of over a million. I'm a strong woman who doesn't depend on others..."

Arya did not continue any further because the man was staring at her with a surprised gaze. She felt creeped out and stopped talking.

"Missus, I think you're very much alike something when you feel very good about yourself. Do you want to know what?" Xavier gave it some thought and then said calmly.